If you’re at the point of deciding what dresses your bridesmaids and maid of honour (chief bridesmaid) will wear, in this post you will see pictures of the latest bridesmaid dress styles and fashion (long and short dresses), including photos of best bridesmaids hairstyles and headpieces. We’ve curated over 40 of the season’s favorite bridesmaid dress styles, colours and designs seen at big Nigerian weddings. Now, start looking through the pictures in the video slideshow below for inspiration.
SEE ALSO: Top 100 Aso-ebi Styles and Colours – Latest Wedding Guest Fashion in Nigeria
Small Details to Consider When Deciding Bridesmaids Fashion
As you look through the above bridesmaid dresses pictures, think of the bridesmaid and maid of honour dress as part of your wedding decor, and so here are things to look out for when choosing dress styles or cut and colour for your bridesmaids or maid of honour:
- Make Your Groomsmen Accessory Compliment Bridesmaids Dress: See how the brides have matched and colour-coordinated their bridesmaids dress colour with the groom and/ or groomsmen neck ties and/ or other men’s fashion accessory. Don’t plan your bridesmaids dresses in isolation.
- Bridesmaids Hairstyle: Pick a style for your bridesmaids hair. See how the bridesmaids have similar hairstyles. Use this opportunity to find one or more bridesmaids hairstyle pictures above, that you would like for your girls.
- Bridesmaids Fashion Accessories: Other things that you can get ideas for, from the above pictures include: bridesmaids shoe style and styles for their head-pieces and colour of the bridesmaids flower bouquet.
- Same or Different Dress for Maid of Honour: You may want your chief bridesmaid (aka maid of honour) to dress in another colour or style, different from the others. If so, get ideas for the bridesmaids dress colour combination from the pictures in the above video.
- Pick Ideas from Newlyweds’ Pictures: Observe the trend about bridesmaids not dressing in exactly the same dress cut/ style but the same colours. You can see that in almost all the bridesmaids pictures above – it’s a good thing because your girls can be free to pick the dress style for their body shape, while keeping to the colour and shade you want.
HINT: Short bridesmaid dresses are as beautiful as long-style bridesmaid dresses – it depends on your preference.
A Brief (But Funny) History About Bridesmaids
According to Wikipedia, the tradition of brides having bridesmaids in weddings was borrowed from the ancient Romans. At the time, it was believed that evil spirits used to attend weddings with the purpose of disrupting the event.
And so, the Romans believed that if ten women were dressed similar to the bride on the wedding day, the evil spirits would not know which of them the bride was.
Today’s brides love the glam and sparkle that bridesmaids and maids of honours add to their weddings, and have defined other useful duties for bridesmaids and maids of honour.
More Bridesmaid and Wedding Guest Fashion Ideas
- 50 Latest Wedding Hairstyles for Nigerian Brides and Bridesmaids
- 100 Latest Ankara Styles for Women Wedding Guests
So, that’s it from us about the latest bridesmaids dresses. So, which of the above bridesmaid dress styles is your favourite?