How They Planned the Wedding and Found Vendors
It took us about 4 months to plan our wedding, with the involvement of our families. The first thing we worked on for the wedding was getting a suitable venue. Our families were fully involved as they were all informed and everyone had a role to perform to make the job easier. We didn’t use a wedding planner, we just contacted the vendors we needed individually such as caterers, hall decorators, DJ/ sound personnel, makeup artist and the likes.
Size of Wedding and Number of Bridesmaids and Groomsmen?
Number of guests was between 800 to 1,000. We didn’t use (specific bridesmaid and groomsmen) since there was no church service (it was a court registry wedding) and it was a moderately organized wedding, but we had good support from lots of friends.
Their Love Timelines and Weddings Date
- We met in April 2010, started dating in August 2013
- He proposed in July 2014
- Our marriage introduction took place on the 18th of October 2014
- Our court wedding was on the 10th of July 2015
- Traditional (Yoruba) wedding and reception was on the 18th of July 2015
Advice For Brides-to-Be
When asked if she had any advice for a bride in the planning stage of her wedding, Adebimpe says: “I’ll advice anyone planning a wedding to know what they want, work towards it and be selective with the advice they take. Do not compromise your comfort. You should be fine with the arrangements for that day, because it is going to be one of the happiest of your life.“
Their Wedding Venue and the Vendors they Hired
If you like this Nigerian real-life wedding and would like to copy an idea or two from this couple’s wedding planning, here are the vendors and shops that helped Adebimpe and Olayinka bring their wedding vision to life:
- Court Wedding: Ikoyi Registry, Lagos
- Venue for Wedding and reception: Goshen hall Ikorodu Lagos
- Photography and video coverage was by Raji Ahmed photography
- Wedding cakes were by Zainab cakes and confectionery
- Catering was by Topklass caterers
- Wedding hall decorations, sound and DJ was by Kolex
- Makeup: RubiesLlooks and my diva concepts
- Hair: Ajoks Concepts
- Bridal clothing and accessories: Betty’s fashion
- Beaded Jewelries: My Diva Concepts
- Groom’s clothing and accessories: HOM Kriations
Want to See Your Own Wedding on this Blog? (Brides/ Grooms or Wedding Vendors can Submit)
We are wedding freaks, and so are our readers – we’re never tired of looking at glam wedding pictures, and reading love stories from newlyweds excite us. So, if you’d like to see your wedding pictures published on this blog, it’s easy – just click here to tell us about it, OR email your wedding photos to us at NaijaGlamWedding (at) gmail.com. NOTE: We only publish weddings that have BOTH pictures and stories, so be prepared to tell your story.
So, that’s it on this edition of real-life Nigerian wedding. We, here at NaijaGlamWedding, wish Adebimpe and Olayinka a very happy married life! You too can leave this couple a congratulatory wish – tell them in the comments area down below. Also, if this wedding has inspired you, leave us a comment to tell us.
- MORE: Check (click) here our other interesting and inspiring real-life Nigerian wedding stories we featured, and the new featured weddings too.
- 50 Shades of Yellow: Yellow-themed Outdoor Nigerian Wedding with Elegant Decor
- Tosin and Dapo’s Big Lagos Wedding PLUS How the Bride Got an International Couture Designer Wedding Gown
Let’s hear your comments down below. Finally, tell your friends to come see read this wedding story too – instagram this post them, facebook them, tweet to them, email to them.
Credits and Appreciation: Special thanks to the bride for submitting their wedding. She (Adebimpe) is one of my favourite brides on our featured weddings section. It was a dream working with her to get her wedding pictures and love story. She provided every required information in good time, didn’t wait to be reminded and was very patient with providing me their wedding pictures through every possible means, even when the internet was fumbling. Again, thank you Adebimpe – God bless your home!
>>Back to Page 1 | 2
Other People Are Reading
Pages: 1 2