New Here? Getting Started With Naija Glam Wedding Welcome to Naija Glam Wedding, and congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! My name is Stella and I am the Editor of this Nigerian weddings blog, Naija Glam Wedding. I’ll be your bridalicious partner in crime, guiding you through the crazy world of wedding planning, all things bridal and honeymoon. I promise to help make your wedding planning fun and stress-free for you. If you’re like most newly engaged and brides-to-be, you have been stressed about the idea of planning your wedding. And you’ve been asking questions like: I’m engaged now, what next?, where to start when planning a wedding?, what’s the very first task to do? or what should I book first?
Getting Started with Wedding Planning? Start Right Here!
To help you make planning your wedding fun and stress-free, I have put together our beginner wedding planning articles on this page. Just so you don’t get confused about the order you should do things, I’ve organised our basic wedding planning articles in the order you should do things.
Even if you are thinking of hiring a wedding planner, you still need to be organized and stay on top of the entire planning thing. There are way too many things and issues that only you can personally take care of. No one likes a bridezilla – not even your groom! And so, learning how to keep things organized will help you keep your sanity from the beginning of the planning until your walk down the aisle – that’s what the following sections of our blog will teach you:
- Has he put a ring on your finger yet? Go here and tell us how he popped the question. If you have a glam engagement ring and want to share the photos with our readers, go here.
- Fill out this wedding planning questionnaire (with your fiance), to help you flesh out your wedding style and design, and get you two on the same page;
- Download all our free wedding planning tools, checklists and templates. Print them out, share them with your bridesmaids and relatives, and work at completing the wedding to-do lists. Ensure to download our printable wedding budget worksheet before you spend a dime. It will help you not to overspend. Want to have an idea of what a typical Nigerian small wedding could cost? We made you example wedding budgets for five different Nigerian weddings with various guest sizes. Ensure to download all the getting started tools – they are all free.
- Whether you’re just starting to plan your wedding or in the middle of it all, our planning 101 section has got all the basics you need to stay on top of your game
- Sign up to the Glam Wedding eMail Newsletter and get a weekly wedding planning to-do list in your email inbox every week
- Join our Glam Brides Tribe on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and places where all the coolest Nigerian brides and us hangout everyday to chat about wedding planning
- Get to know what this wedding website is really all about and who we are
- Our wedding ideas section has tons of ideas and step by step tips on how to achieve glam look and feel on different areas of your wedding – from the latest hot wedding trends, your wedding wears, your hair and makeup, your reception decor and lots more. In this section, we even have ideas for your groom as well as your bridesmaids – so we recommend you email them articles from this section.
- The Nigerian Grooms Guide to Wedding Planning: We are seeing more grooms are getting involved in planning their own weddings, more than ever. And it’s not only Nigerian grooms, it’s a new Worldwide trend that we’re loving. So, we have a whole category dedicated to wedding planning tips for men, where we answer every possible question grooms-to-be have before their marriage proposal, traditional engagement, white wedding and even grooms tips to planning a memorable honeymoon. If you’re a bride, reading this, definitely send this page to your guy – it helps when grooms know in advance (without your telling them) where and where to help out;
- Get Inspired by our Featured Real Weddings: Ideas and Photos to Inspire your wedding style. You’ll find tons of photos of real Nigerian weddings. New photos are added every day;
- Honeymoon planning section: Planning a romantic honeymoon is stress-free with our A-Z guide including a ready made honeymoon iterenary, packing list, hot yet affordable honeymoon destinations in and outside Nigerian and much more;
- Wedding Videos (aka Glam Wedding TV) is where you’ll find our podcasts and videos on all things weddings and wedding planning, including our interviews with some of Nigeria’s best wedding industry experts – answering some of your difficult wedding planning questions.
- Our Marriage Counseling section (coming soon) will prepare you to be a better partner post-wedding-day and give you insights of what married life will be like, after your wedding day. We’re aware that most couples these days do not last in marriage, which is really the essence of weddings. We know that effective marriage counselling has helped a lot of savvy couples prepare them for a happily ever after-wedding-day.
- Start your customized, personal wedding website (WedSite) for Bride n Groom: If you or none of your friends use the post office to send letters, but instead use use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc – to communicate, then you definitely want to announce your wedding to friends through a medium they are already used to (websites for about-to-wed bride and groom). Click here to learn about the many advantages of making a wedding website before your wedding.
- After your wedding day, go here to submit your wedding photos and story for us to publish and showcase to our readers here
- Read our back issues in the NaijaGlamWedding archives.
- If you’ve had a glam honeymoon, we want to hear all about it – go here and submit the story and photos for us to publish here
Again, welcome to Naija Glam Wedding! Now, get on to exploring our carefully written wedding articles using the above guide. Feel free to email us any wedding questions you want us to answer through a new post. But first, use our search box below to quickly find any topic you want.
COMING SOON FEATURES
- Find vendors in the state and area (where you plan to wed) in our National NaijaGlamWedding Vendors Guide. Our Nigerian wedding vendors directory will lead you to find vendors who love Glam brides, even if you plan to wed in your far-away Nigerian state and hometown. Also search and find great international wedding service providers that cater specially for Nigerian-type weddings in the USA, UK (including London etc) and other countries where Nigerians like to have their weddings. – coming soon
JOIN & GET OUR EVERY NEW POST INSIDE YOUR EMAIL
If you like what you see here, JOIN thousands of other brides and grooms who have subscribed and be the first to know when we publish every new article, video and more… It’s totally FREE.