Off-shoulder dresses have become one of the most popular wedding aso-ebi and occasion style in Nigeria and we think they are effortlessly stylish. If you are a fashionista who is not shy to show off a teeny-weeny bit of glowy skin, why not flaunt them in beautiful and sexy off-shoulder Nigerian-style occasion wears.
We’ve got 10 cool style ideas you can rock to your next occasion or wedding, or even a red carpet event. Grab a seat, swipe or scroll down and let me show you some of the latest off-shoulder wedding ankara and aso-ebi styles served by our favourite celebs.
The Latest Off-Shoulder Dresses Perfect for Nigerian Wedding Guests
1. Sweetheart Neck Flutter Sleeve Off-Shoulder Native Style Top Accessorized with Twisted Fan Gele Headtie
- STYLE NOTES: With the right style and fabric, black dresses are super elegant and that’s what this style above is telling us. We just can’t get enough of this black off-shoulder native style outfit in textured fabric and white accent details on the neckline (above).
- Hmm… That gold colour choker necklace is just perfect sitting right there. Also, those bangles and rings give off subtle details of her effortless posh taste. Chanel this look for your wedding next aso-ebi and you’ll come back confessing how all heads turned when you walked in.
2. Ruffle-Top Off-Shoulder Bardot Top Straight Maxi Gowns
- STYLE NOTES: Above left, @berbiedoll slays in her satin-top black-and-blue ruffle-top off-shoulder bodycon dress with a super-cinched waist and side slit. | @StephanieCoker (middle) looks amazing in that black and white fitted off-shoulder long gown with white ruffle top.
- Above right, Rita Dominic wows in that high-waisted satin-top off-shoulder pencil maxi gown. She is the queen of off-the-shoulder dresses. Her body tends to carry this style very well.
3. Layered Flutter Sleeve Off-Shoulder Lace Maxi Gowns
- STYLE NOTES: This fashionista (left) certainly looks fly in this blue lace off-shoulder dresses by @endalineclothiersl and this gorgeous damsel (left) ‘killed it’ in her bottle-green off-shoulder beaded maxi gown.
4. Sweetheart Neck Off-Shoulder Puff Sleeved English Gowns With Ruffle Hem
- SEE ALSO: Trendy & Dramatic Statement Sleeve Styles for Aso-ebi & Occasion Wears
- Latest Nigerian and English Short Gown Styles
- STYLE NOTES: Again, Ini Dimma (above) looks gorgeous in that off-shoulder long dress with draped cap sleeves (right). It’s not only native-style outfits that look good with puff sleeves; English-style dresses also come out good with off-shoulder cuts.
- The above puff-sleeved off-shoulder short cocktail dress (left) and this off-shoulder flared maxi gown (right). Off-shoulder dresses look gorgeous with sweetheart neckline, and these two styles above prove that. @IniDimaOkojie (left) slayed this mustard-yellow colour above-the-knee English short gown with double-layer ruffle bottom.
5. Detached Off-Shoulder Puff Sleeve Ankara and Lace Aso-ebi Pencil Gowns Accessorized with Pleated Gele Headtie
- STYLE NOTES: Puff sleeves look perfect with off-shoulder outfits. The proof is in the above lace aso-ebi styles. @_addy (left) looks nothing short of elegant in that print design sky-blue and black patterned puff sleeves off-shoulder long gown, AND @bolanle (right) in a sexy blue-white and black patterned sweetheart neck detached puff sleeve lace maxi dress.
More Nigerian Off-Shoulder Style Ideas You Should Try
If you liked those off-shoulder styles, here are more ideas on how to rock an off-shoulder dress to a Nigerian wedding. Try sewing or buying these styles (fabric ideas are also included):
- Lace off-the-shoulder blouse for tying wrappers
- Off-shoulder ankara and aso-ebi styles
- Off-shoulder short gown style
- Off-shoulder ankara pencil gown
- Off-shoulder French lace top with a six-pieces skirt
- Off-shoulder bodycon dress with scuba or poly material
- Ankara off-shoulder top with skirt
- If you’re an Igbo bride-to-be, try an off-shoulder Igbo traditional wedding gown
If you have seen other cool Nigerian off-shoulder styles at weddings or on Instagram, feel free to tell us about them in the comments section down below. Don’t forget to mention both the dress cut and the materials they were designed with.
Still, on the subject of fabrics, other materials we’ve seen Nigerian fashionistas wear in off-shoulder styles include Ankara print fabrics, voile, cord or French lace or other types of lace fabrics, satin, poly material, scuba, voile, and guinea brocade. That’s not an exhaustive list, though.
Would You Wear an Off-Shoulder Dress to a Wedding?
Can you see that every fashion-savvy woman needs at least one off-the-shoulder occasion-wear dress? Thanks to our female celebs, off-shoulder styles are now one of the most popular wedding aso-ebi styles in town. So, run along and get yourself some of the above-featured styles – buy the ready-to-wear or find a good tailor to cut-and-sew for you.
Put your own unique spin on these styles: If you decide to sew, feel free to tweak two or more styles to make your own unique-looking off-shoulder style. You can pick the neckline of one dress, pick the sleeves of another and pick the bottom or hem style of another. A good Nigerian tailor knows how to deliver on this mix and match thingy.
That’s a wrapup on the latest off-shoulder aso-ebi styles for Nigerian wedding guests. I had fun putting them together for you, and I hope you like them.
If you like those styles, there are more in our latest Nigerian wedding guest fashion section. Please help us get others in your circle to also see this post – I’d appreciate if you share this article on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and everywhere. Thanks in advance 🙂
Finally, I’d like to hear your thoughts on all the featured styles above. Which 3 are your favourite off-shoulder styles? Or which of the above fashionistas rocked it better? Tell me in the comment section down below and let’s get the discussion popping!