The Civic Center, LagosThe Civic Center, Lagos
The Civic Centre, Lagos
The property is a magnificent architectural masterpiece located in the heart of Lagos Island, and overlooking the Atlantic ocean and impressive highrise buildings. The best part is that it boasts of a stunning lagoon scenery/ waterfront view and it also houses the beautiful Aquamarine Motor Boat Club.
The Civic Center is a multi-floor, world-class event venue that regularly hosts top-class business conferences, celebrity-packed events and high-class society weddings.
TYPES OF EVENT SPACES AVAILABLE AT THE CIVIC CENTER: 3 banquet halls and 2 Meeting Rooms.
- The Grand Banquet Hall: Seats a maximum of between 600 and 1,000 guests, in a round/ banquet-style seating layout and theatre-style seating respectively.
- Panoramic View Hall: Seats a maximum of 150 Banquet-style seating and 200 Conference/Cocktail, is better seen to be fully appreciated. It does not include stage, lighting and a changing room.
- The Waterfront: This is a marquee-tent style hall situated right on the waterfront and seats a maximum of 200 and 250 guests, in a Banquet layout or conference/cocktail-style seating respectively. PROS: Well ventilated with fans. CONS: The Civic Center’s waterfront hall does not include a stage, lighting, projector and a changing room.
- Meeting Room 1: Seats a maximum of 70 guests in a banquet-style table setting or a maximum of 60 guests in a classroom-style seating arrangement, or a maximum of 80 guests if the hall is arranged in a conference-style seating layout. PROS: Has an in-built sound system.
- Meeting Room 2: Seats a maximum of 40 guests either arranged in a classroom seating layout or a banquet-style arrangement. If arranged in a conference-style layout, it can seat a maximum of 60 guests. PROS: In-built sound system
INCLUDED IN VENUE RENTAL FEE: Excluding the Waterfront, all halls and rooms come with projector, screen and microphones at no additional charge.
SIDE ATTRACTION: The civic centre houses the Aquamarine Boat Club, to an exclusive private membership.
– Lifts (elevators) are available to ease movement between floors.
– Parking space: Ample parking space is available within. An extended parking space across the road to accommodate more guests’ cars.
- The ambience is nice inside and around the Civic Center
- The venue is easy to find, being close to landmark places on Lagos Island, and also
- being on a popular street and located close along the roadside.
- They have different-size event halls to choose from, to suit an assorted number of guests.
- The Civic Center is super-secure and safe with 24/7 security guards.
- Traffic control is paramount here though because of the location but that’s not a problem if you have good hands to handle that.
- -But for the parking lot, it’s a little less than adequate.
OPEN/ AVAILABLE: Weekdays from 08:00 AM – 5:00 PM or WEEKENDS from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Address: Ozumba Mbadiwe, Opposite Opposite 1004 Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos Island
Instagram: @civiccentrelagos | Website: theciviccentre.com