Pimples/ acne is bad business if you have an event to attend. If you’ve been trying hard to get rid of pimples and dark spots, this post is for you. Knowing the acne products and skincare routine that worked for others will give you an insight on what to try or research.
In this post, you’ll get to find out the daily skincare routine and products that cleared Deborah’s stubborn pimples with dark spots, and finally helped her achieve the glass skin of her dreams. I was blown away by her skin transformation, and the fact that it happened fast. Swipe/ scroll down and let’s get into the details!
Now watch the video below to hear it from Deborah – the things she did that cleared her textured skin, hyperpigmentation, pimples/ acne and dark spots fast.
The Skin Problems She Had
- Acne/ Pimples
- Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation
- Bumpy Skin
- Textured/ Rough Skin
*She struggled with getting rid of those skincare problems for 8 years.
Things She Tried (in the Past) that Didn’t Work
Deborah tried many things that did not work. To tell you how she badly wanted a cure for her acne and dark spots, she even used (Nizoral) shampoo on her face. Like the other remedies she had tried, that too did not work.
What She Did Differently that Finally Worked
After 8 years of self-diagnosing her facial pimples and hyperpigmentation problems and nothing else worked, here’s what Deborah did differently:
- She went to a Derm Clinic and saw Aestheticians for professional skin consultation. The exact one she went is: ‘The Aesthetic Clinic’, in Lagos (@clinictheaesthetic)
- They gave her an in-office treatment for her face.
- She was prescribed some topical treatments (to treat her acne/ pimples and erase her dark spots and hyperpigmentation)
- She was put on a daily AM (morning) and PM (night) skincare routine
- After 1 month of using the acne and dark spot eraser products, her hyperpigmentation, spots and pimples cleared. She finally achieved the glass skin of her dreams, which she proudly flaunts on her Instagram Page.
*HINT: ‘The Aesthetic Clinic’ also has offices in Abuja, Ghana, London, and Canada.
The Results She Got & How Long it Took
- Week 2 after treatment: her pimples were gone
- Week 4 & 5 after treatment: Her dark spots started clearing
- She got rid of her acne (pimples) and acne spots and scars
- She cleared her dark spots
- She cleared her hyperpigmentation
- Her skin became smooth – no more textures, rough and bumpy skin
- Overall, her skin became clear and brighter, like glass skin.
Her Daily AM (Morning) Skincare Routine & Products
- Diva skin Benzoyl peroxide wash (5% Benzoyl Peroxide face wash used once a day in the morning)
- Neo Presol Acne Lotion
- Topicrem Cica Soothing Cream
- Topicrem Cica sunscreen
Her Daily PM (Night) Skincare Routine & Products
- Cerave Foaming Cleanser at night
- Rejuva TAC Formula: She applies it every 2 days, at night time
- Rejuva Tretinoin in Glycerin: She uses it every 2 days
*By the way, Rejuva skincare products are available in Nigeria and on their website at rejuvaskincare.com.ng.
Other Products in Her Night Time Skincare Routine
Here are the extra products she introduced into her her daily skincare routine (that are not part of her Skin Doctor’s recommendations):
- Good Molecules Niacinamide Brightening Toner: She uses it at night time
- Good Molecules Discolouration Correction serum: She applies every night
- Paula’s Choice BHA Chemical Exfoliant: She applies it once every 2 weeks
About NaijaGlamWedding’s Skincare Diaries Series
Part of getting ready for a wedding or any other special occasion is getting a glow-up skin – whether you’re the bride, groom or a guest. No matter how pretty you are and how beautiful your outfit is, a face full of pimples and dark spots will dim your confidence, even if you pile up layers of makeup.
Here at NaijaGlamWedding we try to provide every type of information that helps brides, grooms and wedding guests get wedding-ready, and that includes skincare tips to help them get the glass skin of their dreams – free of hyperpigmentation, spotless face and glowing all-over.
Skincare Diaries is our series where we highlight amazing skin transformations of people we and our readers can relate to. Many of our readers are young, just like Deborah Boms, and they’re struggling with different skin challenges as they go about planning for their own weddings or planning to attend one as a guest. We hope to bring more Skincare Diaries as well as Skincare Tips, so stay tuned!
Knowing how long it usually takes for pimples dark spots and hyperpigmentation to fade, I was blown away by her skin transformation and couldn’t wait to share it with you. The best part is that the she got the results in less than a month. Her skin now looks brighter and lighter, with all the dark spots gone – and there was no skin bleaching involved. All the products she used were recommended to her by a the Derm Clinic she visited in Lagos.
Conclusion: Getting Rid of Pimples and Hyperpigmentation
We all dream of a blemish-free (spotless), even-toned and brighter skin but many of us struggle with attaining that ‘Glass Skin’ that does not require applying Filter to our social media photos. We applaud Deborah for sticking with her acne skincare routine until the results became visible.
A glowing skin has a way of boosting one’s confidence and beauty. Even if you have nowhere to go, a spotless skin is a confidence booster any day.
We know how hard it is to get a clear, blemish-free face and so are always excited to celebrate with those who managed to achieve the skin of our dreams. Pimples, sunburn and dark spots left from old acne make even the prettiest girls look older and not so pretty.
Spotless and brighter skin is the dream of every bride or wedding guest, and every man and woman. Brides and slay queens go on weeks of skin-prepping to get a flawless skin, and it’s not cheap. What’s even more expensive is not knowing where to start from or what to use.
Trying out every miracle skincare product we see or hear about comes with a risk of getting even more skin issues and wasting money (if it fails to work). If you’ve spent years in trial and error, consider seeing a dermatologist or certified/ licensed Aesthetician, like Deborah did. It may save you money down the line and could get you the results you’ve been seeking. It’s all about doing something different to get a different result.
There you have it on Deborah Boms’ skincare diary – her journey to achieving a pimple-free and spotless face. I hope you were inspired by her Glass Skin journey. Be sure to email or share this post with someone or others who will benefit from it – or just share it on your social media page.
Do you have acne/ pimples or dark spots? If so, comment below to tell me what you’ve done about it – what has worked and what didn’t work. Do you have a skincare routine? How is your skincare routine similar or different from Deborah’s. Would you try her skincare routine?