So, you’ve fixed your wedding budget and now wondering how to start spending it without going above the budget? Don’t sweat it! Use our automatic Nigerian wedding automatic budget calculator below to know how much to spend on a wedding dress, venue, photography, etc. We’ve done the math for you, so you don’t have to crack your brain, and it’s all automatic.
Simply type in the amount you plan to spend on your wedding, and you’ll immediately see it show you a breakdown of your budget into a spending guide and expense categories. Be sure to leave us a comment after using, at least to say ‘thank you’.
Automatic Nigerian Wedding Budget Breakdown Calculator
Why You Need a Break-Down of Your Wedding Budget
Before going to buy groceries or anything, women (men too) write a list of what to buy and allocate amounts beside each item – to ensure that they stick to what they planned to buy and also so that they don’t overspend their budget.
It’s for the same reason we say you should make a budget breakdown before spending a kobo out of your wedding budget. Hope you understand?
2 Alternative Ways to Allocate Your Wedding Budget to an Expense List
Aside from using our automatic wedding budget calculator, there are three different ways to spread your wedding budget, and they are: by guessing or the manual method. Here’s an explanation of each method, so you can choose your favourite.
1. The Guestimation method: This is the regular, popular method. Here, you can either guess how much to allocate to different areas of your wedding – catering, wedding attires, decoration and so on;
2. Manual Method: Another method is to use a wedding expense percentage allocation guide (below), like the one we created for you (as illustrated in the image below). You would need to use a calculator and enter the suggested percentages below in order to get a breakdown of your wedding expenses.
Let’s say, you have N400k for your Nigerian wedding, that means 21% (i.e. N84,000) of that would be reserved for food and drinks; 18% for venue and decor; 24% for couple’s outfits and so on. Hope you get the gist?
3. The Automatic Method: NaijaGlamWedding’s Automatic Calculator is the third and easiest method is more like an automatic way of breaking down the wedding expenses. You can find it at the beginning of this post.
All you have to do is type in your budget amount, press ENTER, and see your spending/ budget breakdown displayed. No waiting, no maths done on your part, no calculator punched.
Please don’t forget to at least leave a ‘thank you’ in the comment box down below, if you found it helpful.
How to do a Wedding Budget Breakdown using the Budget Calculator from NaijaGlamWedding (3 Steps)
Step 1: Set a figure as your overall wedding budget
You’re not going to spend the entire money in your bank account for the wedding, right? So, how much is the limit of the amount you want to spend on your wedding?
You may choose to simply set any amount you desire as what you plan to spend on each wedding thing. But if you have no idea what to do here, use our percentage allocation guide below to plan how much you should spend on what.
Step 2: Do the Budget Breakdown
In a previous post on how to create a wedding budget from scratch, I explained how to divide your overall wedding budget into small parts. I also mentioned how our team here uses our wedding budget percentage allocation guide to work out the wedding budget breakdown.
And, if you hate math, you’ll love how easy it is to use our Nigerian wedding budget calculator to automatically suggest wedding budget breakdown – continue reading details in the rest of this post.
By the way, you can simply allocate any amount you like to any wedding budget list item, there are no hard and fast rules about it.
Step 3: Use our Automatic Nigerian Wedding Budget Calculator (above)
Swipe/ scroll up this page to see our wedding budget calculator.
Follow these steps to use it:
- Type in your wedding budget (amount) into the empty box and press ENTER
- You will see the breakdown automagically calculated for you
- Copy the breakdown of your budget and use it to plan your wedding costing.
Alternatively, you can punch a calculator MANUALLY to do the breakdown with the suggested percentages we used in our budget calculator:
- #a. Food, drinks and cakes – 38%
- #b. Venue hire & decoration, rentals – 20%
- #c. Wedding rings, couple’s outfits, fashion accessories – 12%
- #d. Stationeries/ printables & Souvenirs – 5% (includes invitation cards, program of events)
- #e. Entertainment & Photography + Videography services – 20% (includes MC, DeeJay)
- #f. Miscellaneous/ anything that later comes up, or that you forgot – 5%
*NOTE: It’s a good idea to reserve 5% for miscellaneous expenses to cover any unforeseen or overlooked expenses that may come up later.
That will ensure that you won’t have to panic or borrow in case anything arises later, even when you start shopping; of if some things cost more than you thought; or if you decide to spend more on a few tempting areas.
MORE WEDDING COST PLANNING GUIDES:
- Checklist and Cost-Saving Ideas for Planning Same-Day Traditional and White Wedding
- How to Use Guest List to Know Exact Number of Guests to Invite
- See Samples of Wedding Budgets from Real Couples
An Example: Using the Wedding Budget Calculator to Do a Breakdown of Wedding Expenses
Here’s an example of how to use the wedding calculator to know your wedding expenses breakdown:
- Say, I have a budget of N900,000 to spend for my wedding.
- So, I go to NaijaGlamWedding’s wedding budget calculator and type in the wedding budget above (N900,000);
- I should see the following suggested breakdown, automatically calculated for me:
N342,000 – Food, drinks & cake
N180,000 – Venue hire & décoration, rentals, security, ushers
N108,000 – Wedding rings, couple’s outfits and fashion accessories, bride’s makeup & hair, groom’s haircut
N45,000 – Stationeries/ Printables + Souvenirs
N180,000 – entertainment & photography services – DJ/ live music band, MC, photographer, video coverage
N45,000 – Miscellaneous
Total Wedding Budget: N900,000.00
*Disclaimer: The NaijaGlamWedding’s Nigerian wedding budget calculator is only a guide to help you create your initial budget breakdown. You don’t have to use it – you may choose to divide up your wedding budget as you like.
Also, you’ll want to finalize the budget when you find out the actual market prices of wedding things. What we provide is based on our experience and prices of stuff in the Nigerian market, and best for low cost, small weddings. Again, NaijaGlamWedding’s budget calculator is provided as a guide for your initial wedding budget breakdown. We hope you like it.
Finally, Expand Your List into a Detailed Wedding Expenses List
After breaking down your budget into the major expense categories, you should expand your list into a detailed list of things that need to be bought or vendor services that need to be hired under each category.
For example, under couples’ wedding attire, you should be listing these: bridal shoes, grooms shoes, wedding rings, wedding dress, aso-oke, gele and so so. So, you should do that for all the budget categories – venue, stationery, reception, entertainment etc.
You can continue making the full wedding budget list or use our ready-made list of typical Nigerian wedding expenses – they’re what makes up the bulk of the wedding budget in Nigeria.
Why Another Country’s Wedding Budget Calculator Does Not Work for a Wedding in Nigeria
*The above percentage breakdown is strictly based on the Nigerian bridal market and cost of stuff in Naija. This is different for other countries.
So, if your wedding will not take place in Naija, be sure to use the wedding budget percentage breakdown for the country of your wedding location, provided by the local wedding planners.
The Nigerian wedding scene is much different from that of the USA and UK, and so the percentage allocation for Nigerian weddings vary quite significantly from theirs. This is because traditionally, their priorities for wedding elements vary from ours.
For example, in most Nigerian weddings, a top priority is on the bride and groom’s outfits and in Western countries live flowers and table decorations (fancy linens and more) are on their top priority. Also, for them, the quality (usually expensive) of the wedding ring is a priority.
There are other reasons why the percentages in Nigerian wedding budget breakdown is different from that of other countries, but those are just some. Therefore, if you’re planning a wedding that will hold in Nigeria, using other countries’ budget percentage allocation will not work.
WEDDING COST SAVING GUIDES
- Practical Ways to Save Money During Wedding Planning
- 11 Ways to Save Money on Wedding Cakes in Nigeria
- 7 Costly Wedding Planning Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
- Have Small Money but Want a Big-Looking Wedding? Follow these Tips
Don’t Sweat with Math, Use NaijaGlamWedding’s Automatic Free Nigerian Wedding Budget Calculator
If you hate math, our wedding budget calculator will do the calculations and breakdown for you (automatically and auto-magically).
All you need to do is follow the steps above to download and use NaijaGlamWedding’s wedding budget calculator and allocator.
Once you download it, the only thing you have to do is type in your overall wedding budget, and your wedding budget breakdown will display for you to copy and use.
If you find our Nigerian wedding budget calculator helpful, please share this post on social media, leave a comment and join our GlamWedding community – that’s all we ask for.
There you have it on how to do a wedding budget breakdown. So, go ahead and use our Nigerian wedding budget calculator, and leave me a comment to tell me what you think, or simply to say ‘thank you’.