Photo Submission Instructions for Weddings, Marriage Proposal, Honeymoon, Engagement Shoots, and Bridal Showers
If you recently got engaged or married, and want to submit your wedding story and photos for consideration to be featured on this wedding blog, this post will guide you on how to prepare your photos in the format that we accept.
NOTE: We only publish photos from the owners or those who have the owners’ permission and consent to share the pictures. Photographers, makeup artists and other wedding vendors who are involved in weddings are welcome to submit weddings they covered. Read our photo submission terms and conditions here and know that we also feature different types of pre-wedding events including engagement shoots plus marriage proposal story, bridal showers, honeymoon story PLUS photos and more.
What we are looking for here:
At NaijaGlamWedding, we love wedding pictures, but we only publish PICTURES THAT TELL A STORY OF THE DAY, so that anyone looking at them immediately feels like they were also there. AND, we love to hear the bride/ groom tell their wedding story – see our wedding story submission for here (click).
Here’s How to Send Us Pictures
- Through Dropbox: Send me your best white and/ or trad wedding pictures: Click this link to UPLOAD & transfer your photos directly TO ME https://www.dropbox.com/request/ruJC99qA4hBCzr5d7egv
- Through WeTransfer: OR via www.weTransfer.com – (a) upload the pictures you want to send us (2) type in yours and our emails in the TO and From box. Our email is NaijaGlamWedding(at)gmail.com
- Email: OR email them as attachments to us, at: NaijaGlamWedding (at) gmail (dot) com
- Through Flickr: Check down-down below for how to send us pictures through Flickr.
- If your photos are already on dropbox or a similar place, simply email us the dropbox link.
- If you simply want us to notice your pictures, tag us with this hashtag: #naijaglamwedding or @naijaglamwedding
How to Prepare your Photos in the format below:
- Select between 20 (minimum) and 100 of your best photos covering a variety of the wedding day elements
- The photos you send us should showcase every aspect, detail, and style of your wedding day, not just photos of the two of you.
- We love traditional weddings lots, and most Nigerians have two weddings – both the trad and whit/religious or court weddings. So be sure to balance up the number of photos per wedding type. Also, select the best pictures that showcase the details of the most important and best parts of your weddings.
- Select a group of photos that show us around your wedding ceremony, such as: the invitation card, wedding cake, bride and groom’s wedding rings, reception venue with table décor and backdrops; details of the wedding fashion including fashion including close-up photos of the bride and groom in various wedding attires including the traditional wedding outfits, the bridal veil and bouquet, bride’s/ groom’s shoes, the wedding bands, the cake, closeup shot of bride’s hair and makeup, close shots of bridesmaids and groomsmen in their outfits, as well as the little bride and page-boy, the guests in aso-ebi etc.). And some candid shots too. I hope you get the idea – pick the best pictures that tell the day’s story.
- If you had multiple weddings (e.g. a trad engagement/wedding, and a white wedding, and maybe also, a court wedding), please upload all photos in one submission but one event group at a time (not haphazard). Be sure to label them in a way we can differentiate the different celebration types.
- We do not accept RAW or high resolution (hi-res) image formats. Confirm that your pictures are low resolution (72dpi) and .JPG photo file format.
- We accept only individual images, so please do not send us photo collages.
- We allow a maximum file size of 40MB per submission set, so ensure that each photo is the total file size of the photos you’re submitting do not exceed 40MB in siz
Final Check: Before Uploading Your Photos to Us
- Remove all the photographer’s branding or watermarks from each photo.
- Photo File names: Before sending us the photos, we require that you name each photo file with your first and last name, with a numerical value (e.g. BisiNdukao001, BisiNduka002 and so on).
- Title: give a name you want us to recognise your own submission ___________ (e.g. bisiwedsnduka2013)
- Description: In one or more words, tell us what’s inside the files (example: Bisi and Emeka’s Wedding Photos; or bisi and nduka’s trad wedding photos; bisi and nduka’s engagement shoot; bisi and nduka’s honeymoon shoot).
Flickr: Here’s How to Send the Photos through Flickr:
Once you confirm that your photos are in the above format, and you have uploaded them to us via our Flickr group page, do these next:
- Upload your wedding photos to our Flickr group page, in a set containing between 20 and 100 photos. You’ll need to create a free account on Flickr if you don’t already have one. Our Flickr group is where we store our photos and it makes it very easy and fast for our readers to submit photos to us. Note that you’ll need to create a free Flickr account first if you don’t already have one. We only accept photos that accompany our story of the day submission forms.
- To send us your photos, click here to send us the full URL of the photoset, not just your Flickr username. Simply copy and paste.
- Set your Flickr photos to “public”, which in internet terms means we have your permission to share your pictures with our blog readers. If you’re not sure how to do that, click here.
- Please do not email pictures or send Facebook or instagram photo links to us – we will not consider them. We do not consider photos sent to us through mediums other than those specified in our submission guideline (e.g. Flickr), and through our submission form.
- Ensure to get permission/consent (for your photos to be featured) from your photographer and other parties before submitting a wedding or photoshoot.
Additional Information to Increase Chances of Acceptance
- Please don’t submit your wedding until after it’s happened and you’ve gotten all your photos back.
- The event submitted should occur within the past 12 months from the submission date.
- We love submissions that contain photos of the trad and white weddings. We love wedding photos that highlight the Nigerian theme, as in, the traditional wedding photos that tell the story of the day.
- Our readers love content that is romantic, trend-setting, creative, handmade, unique or any combination of the above.
- As a rule we prefer to show things that haven’t been published elsewhere, but we’re always open to exceptions for the right submission. If you think your wedding story and pictures are really unique and amazing, then try us – who knows, you might just get lucky!
- The photos you send should be the ones that showcase ALL the details and over style of your wedding ceremony (such as: wedding cake, bride and groom’s wedding rings, picture of the invitation card, hall and table décor and backdrops; details of the wedding fashion including fashion including close-up photos of the bride and groom in various wedding attires including the traditional wedding outfits, plus the white wedding outfits, the bridal veil and bouquet, bride’s/ groom’s shoes, closeup shot of bride’s hair and makeup, close shots of bridesmaids and groomsmen in their outfits, as well as the little bride and page-boy).
- If you’re sending traditional wedding pictures or other religious wedding types, be sure to include pictures that showcase details of the most important and best parts of your wedding.
NOTE: We do not publish content that has already been published on other blogs or magazines, as we like to respect other bloggers by not reproducing weddings they’ve posted. More so, we like to offer our readers something fresh and new, that they have not seen all over the place. So, if you have earlier submitted your photos for publication on other blogs or print magazines, please let us know. For more on what we consider when selecting real stories and photos to publish, click here.
But Where’s the Submission Form?
Once you are sure that your photos are in our acceptable format, and want to start submitting your photos, click below for the appropriate submission form.
- Weddings submission form
- Marriage proposal submission form
- Honeymoons submission form
- Bridal shower or Bachelor party submission form
If your submission is chosen to be featured in an upcoming real Nigerian weddings section of our blog, we will email you with the story link.
*Terms and Conditions apply: NaijaGlamWedding.com’s submitters terms and conditions apply to all submissions. So before completing our submission form, ensure you first read and understand our submission terms and conditions – click here.
How to know if your submission is accepted