Popular Gospel Singer, Mercy Chinwo, is married! The beautiful singer tied the knot with fiancé, Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa, in a grand church wedding in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The couple kicked off their multiple wedding celebrations with a court wedding in Lagos, then headed to Mercy’s country home in Port Harcourt, Rivers State for their Marriage Introduction Ceremony and Traditional Wedding.
It was an elaborate wedding with a long list of the best wedding vendors. Their guests included singer Banky W, who was the bestman. Also in attendance were notable pastors, gospel singers and celebrities including Adesua Etomi, Waje, and Chigurl who was one of the Masters of Ceremony (MC). Read on to see their wedding photos, and also their proposal and pre-wedding pictures.
The bride looked happy, radiant and fashionably elegant in her long sleeved, fit-and-flare style lace wedding gown with a top-round illusion neckline. The gown features a wide, floor-length train that starts from the waist behind, resembling a detachable train. Her groom wore a light brown wedding suit paired with an oxblood pair of shoes.
Their Port Harcourt wedding venue had a luxury ice and blue themed decoration, and their 8-layer towering wedding cake stood tall in the background. The atmosphere looked nothing but lavish. Each of their cake layers was inscribed with the title of one of her popular Gospel songs.
Their Traditional Wedding
The couple’s traditional wedding attire was a reflection of their cultural heritage , as they wore traditional outfits of the bride’s Ikwerre (Rivers State) origin, and also Delta State traditional attire of the groom’s people.
Their Wedding Dates/ Timeline
- Wedding HashTag: #MercyIsBlessed
- Marriage Introduction: July 18, 2022 | Location: Port Harcourt city, Rivers State
- Court Wedding: August 4, 2022| Location: Lagos
- Traditional Wedding: August 12, 2022 | Location: Port Harcourt city, Rivers State
- Church/ White Wedding: August 13, 2022 | Location: Port Harcourt city, Rivers State
How They Met
Mercy Chinwo’s now-husband recounts how their relationship journey began:
The first time I saw Mercy, she came to minister at the church where I Pastor (The Waterbrook Church) and her ministration was so powerful that I gave her the nickname “Madam open heavens”. Well, what started out as just two ministers and friends having a banter grew stronger and stronger, and today, the rest is a beautiful love story!
Their Engagement: How they Announced It
Following a romantic proposal from her beau, Gospel Singer, Mercy Chinwo! The popular Gospel singer took to her Instagram page to announce that she ‘said Yes’ and is now engaged to Pastor Blessed of The Waterbrook (TWB) Church.
As her proposal announcement, she penned a heart emoji-filled romantic Instagram message with heart emoji to her man, saying:
‘The thought of doing the next phase and the rest phase of my life with you makes the blessing more real. I love you Sweet’
In his show of excitement, her significant other and fiancé, Pastor Blessed captioned his engagement news on Instagram:
I’m the man the Lord showed mercy! @mercychinwo thanks for saying YES! I love you dearly
Their Proposal Video (How He Proposed)
Pastor Blessed proposed to Mercy Chinwo at a romantic date, surrounded by their loved ones. Here’s the video of how it went down:
Their Engagement Photos
Their Court Wedding Looks
Their Wedding Vendors (List)
- Venue @euicentre, Port Harcourt
- Wedding Rings: @bozjewelry
- Bridal Styling: @may8gallery
- Bride’s orange colour Traditional Wedding Dress: @prudential_styling | Handfan: @leolishartistry | Akwa-ocha fabric: @may8gallery
- Bride’s Royal Blue Traditional Wedding Dress: @veekeejames_official | George fabric @george_by_ruverodesigns
- White Wedding Gown: @veekeejames_official
- Groom’s wedding suit: @atafo.official
- Groom’s Traditional Attire: Groom’s outfit @nativespirit_ns
- Church wedding gown @veekeejames_official
- Groom’s wedding suit @atafo.official by @maiatafo
- Bride’s 1st Reception Dress @prudential_styling
- Bride’s 2nd Reception Dress @veekee_james
- Hair accessories and jewelry @wowaccessorries
- Makeup Artist @alrosalhairtomakeupartistry
- Hair stylist @zhihairspa
- Event Planners @arbelaevents @events_by_pae
- Photography @crystalmediaphotography @zealsphotography
- Decorator @dezuaevents
- Lighting & Special Effects @heinrich_effect
- Rentals @swanbeesrentals @oakrentals
- Wedding Cake @dewdropscakes
- Caterers @ticokitchen @kwuziscooknbake @chefedwardsfoodhouse
- Drinks @ensanadacocktails
- Mocktails @ensanadacocktails
- Small Chops @canif_cocktailsandtreat
- Dessert @canif_cocktailsandtreat
- Grills @thelotusbistro
- DJ @djkelvinkelvin
- MC @forevercfr @theonlychigul
- Ushers @peggieshostesses
- Security @petrezguards @r2security
About the Couple, Mercy Chinwo and Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa
The Bride: Mercy Chinwo is a Gospel musician, popularly known for the song ‘Excess Love’, and many others. Mercy is from Ikwerre part of River State, and she grew up in Port Harcourt, the capital city of Rivers State.
The Groom: Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa is the resident Pastor at The Waterbrook (TWB) Church, Lekki-Lagos.
Congratulations to the Couple
Since announcing their engagement on Social Media, congratulatory messages have continued to pour in from their fans, including Nigerian celebrities. We here at NaijaGlamWedding join their fans to congratulate the couple, Mercy and Pastor Blessed.
Here are some of the congratulatory messages from their celeb well wishers:
Banky W posted: ‘YAAAAAAASSSSS we are readyyyyy!!! Thank you Jesus!!! Congratulations @mercychinwo and @theofficialblessed we love you SCATTER!!! This is definitely a match made in heaven. We mooooove’
Actress, Jemima Osunde: ‘Congratulationssssssssss P Blessed . WE LOVE HER DEARLY!!!!’
Debola Lagos posted: ‘Pastor Blessed, aren’t you so blessed! This warms my heart deeply. Congrats my dearest @mercychinwo , Congrats our beloved Pastor Blessed!’
Want Us to Feature Your Own Engagement or Wedding Here on NaijaGlamWedding?
We love ‘love’ and everything that comes with it – romantic marriage proposals, engagement shoots, traditional wedding, white wedding, destination wedding, honeymoon, and the pre-wedding parties. Yes, we love them all.
The best part is that we love to feature pictures and stories of relationship and love journeys. It’s free.
You can message us here on the blog or just slide into our DM on Instagram or on Facebook to send us your proposal or wedding pictures and story, and we’ll publish it here on this blog and on our social media. It’s that easy, but be sure that you have quality pictures and are ready to tell us your love story – how you met, how he proposed.