Want to learn how to do the packing-gel (updo) hairstyle yourself on your natural or relaxed hair? This post will show you step by step how to do 3 beautiful styles of packing-gel hairstyles on medium and short hair.
If you follow along with these video tutorials, you can perfectly do these sleek high-bun bun and ponytail gel styles on your own with natural hair as well as with relaxed hair. Now, get your hair things ready, swipe or scroll down to watch how to do the packing-gel hairstyle yourself, and practice along.
1. How to Do Afro Packing-Gel Hairstyle for Natural or Relaxed Hair (Video Tutorial)
- SEE: Pictures of Latest Packing Gel Hairstyles
- How to Draw Natural-Looking Eyebrows with Eye Pencil Like a Pro
2. Braided High Ponytail Packing-Gel Style on Short Hair (Video Tutorial)
3. Braided Bun Updo (Packing-Gel Updo Hairstyle) Video Tutorial
Tools Used When Doing Packing-Gel Hairstyles?
- Styling Gel with strong/ extra hold such as Eco Styler Gel, Got2B or any other one.
- Edge control
- Hair brush
- A small brush or an old toothbrush for the edges or to make baby hairs
- Rat-tail comb
- Hair ties and clips
- Styling mousse (optional)
- Hair and scalp oil
- SEE ALSO: How to Fix Fake Eyelashes Yourself (Quick Video Tutorial)
- Eyeshadow for Beginners: How to Do it Yourself Step by Step (VIDEO)
The Struggle With Finding Natural Hair Salons for Occasion and Bridal Hairstyling
If your hair is not relaxed, you know how hard it is to find beautiful natural hairstyles for occasions. It’s even harder to find wedding-worthy natural hairstyle ideas if you’re a bride planning your white or traditional wedding look.
Hopefully, the above tutorials will help you do an updo gel hairstyle yourself if you are unable to find hairdressing salons in Nigeria that specialize in styling beautiful natural hair that are not the everyday schoolgirl styles (native Yoruba ‘didi’ weaving or thread hairstyles).
I’ve heard many natural hair brides share their frustration with finding a wedding-worthy hairstyles and many of them finally settle on relaxing their hair or wearing a weave-on, against their will (just because they want to look like pretty for their wedding).
If you are a DIY bride, you can do learn from the above videos to learn how to do the packing gel hairstyles yourself or show the video to a friend or sister so they can learn to do it for you.
MORE WEDDING HAIR STYLING ARTICLES:
- For Natural Hair: 5 Beautiful Natural Hair Bridal Hairstyles (PICTURES)
- For Relaxed Hair: 50 Latest Wedding Hairstyles for Nigerian Brides (Photos)
- Latest Igbo Traditional Wedding Hairstyles (incl. High Updos, Packing Gel Hairstyles and more)
Now, you have 3 fabulous choices in the above easy-to-do-it-yourself updos for a wedding guest or bridal look. The best part is that these styles can also be achieved on a short natural or relaxed hair. If you have short hair, you have to add a hair extension (weavon or attachment).
I hope you’ve been inspired by the featured packing-gel natural hair updo hair styles in the above video tutorials. You’ll need to watch the videos again and practice a few more times to be able to do those wedding updo hairstyles on your natural kinky hair.
There you have it – how to do two wedding-worthy and occasion-worthy packing-gel updo hairstyles by yourself. Let me know which of the two styles you like better? Comment below to tell me.