Writing a good caption to go with your engagement ring selfie image requires that you keep it short and sweet, as people’s attention span on social media is short. There are two types of engagement announcement wordings that are suitable for posting with a ring selfie, and they are:
- The Short and Sweet Caption With an Air of Mystery: Some women post a picture of their hand with well-manicured nails and an engagement ring and simply write a few words talking about the nails. Some women borrow popular engagement ring memes to announce their engagement. These types of memes are available in mugs and glasses, which some women show in their ring shots to give subtle hints to their change of status. See examples of short captions newly engaged women have used when uploading their engagement ring selfies on social media (down below).
- The Story Caption: In this style of posting, the newly engaged lady tells a short story of how the proposal happened, some share a story from around their relationship timeline (how they met to date).
Here are some popular examples of cool wordings and memes for announcing an engagement on social media, which you can use as a caption for yours:
- I said Yes
- Does this ring make me look engaged
- He put a ring on it
- Future Mrs
- Officially off the market
Only the Best Engagement Ring Selfie Picture is Worth An Upload
Being stylish about how you use an engagement ring selfie to announce your upgrade from girlfriend to fiance means that you upload only one picture. One perfect shot of your sparkling new jewelry. Girl, that means the picture has to be really good. Remember to use the above tips as a checklist when planning to take the ring selfie.
Here’s a recap: The perfect engagement ring selfies are snapped in good lighting and an interesting background. The nails of the ring finger should be well-manicured (painted or not painted) and the hand should not be stiff when posing for the photo. When uploading the ring shot, adding an air of mystery with a few wordings makes a fun post. If you let that picture (of your hand) say everything, with little or no caption, perfecto! You also want to make your ring shot look effortless.
Only one good picture and only one upload is needed. You don’t want to post twice or more – that would look not-stylish and in-your-face. Be sure to look at the best engagement announcement selfie images and videos for ideas and inspiration to help you create your own.
There you have it on everything you need to know about how to take a good engagement selfie for social media. If you like this post, consider sharing it on social media to help others who will benefit from it. Also, join our community and also follow us on social media, so that you’ll see more cool stuff from us.
If you use the tips in this 9-step checklist to make your own engagement perfect ring selfie, we would be thrilled to see it. Share it with us on Instagram (tag us #naijaglamwedding) or here on the blog for a chance to be featured.
Now, I want to hear from you – if you recently got engaged, have you already announced the news on social media? If not, are you planning to take an engagement ring selfie or video or both? Also, which social media channel are you going to use to announce that you’re engaged. Tell me in the comments section down below, and let’s get the discussion kicking.
- 42 Stylish Ways to Show Off Your Engagement Ring in a Selfie
- Latest Wedding Ring Styles You Need to See (100 Styles)
- Interesting Wedding Ring History: How and Where It All Started