Are you struggling with drawing or filling your eyebrows into the right shape that will make you look sharper? You’re not alone. We’ve got easy-to-follow tutorials to teach you how to do better brows on any kind of eyebrows, whether scanty brows, over-shaved brows or naturally thin brows. So, stick around, scroll down and grab your eyebrow pencil or brow shadow, and concealer. Let’s get right into the techniques of doing eyebrows like a pro.
In this post, you’ll learn by watching three talented beauty gurus, as they show you how to draw a better and natural-looking eye-brow shape using pencil and also using eyeshadow (or brow powder in the colour of your natural brows). Watch and practice along with the eyebrow tutorial videos below or read the simple steps down before the end of this post.
- NOTE: If you prefer reading to watching video tutorials, I also wrote explanatory steps towards the end of this article (on page 2). I also listed the names of the products used but you can also find them mentioned inside each video. Be sure to read to the end of this post, to ensure you miss nothing.
#1. How to Do Your Eyebrows Better (Video Tutorial)
*Also check out the next eyebrow video tutorial for beginners, it’s one of the simplest methods.
#2. How to Fill Over-Shaved Eyebrows to Look Natural
Every woman has made the mistake of over-shaving, over-plucking or over-tweezing their eyebrows at least once before. Sometimes, it’s the makeup artists at beauty counters or salons that mistakenly shave off more brow hairs than necessary. It can be an uncomfortable situation because it becomes harder to draw a natural-looking brow shape. The days you’re lucky, you get it right. The days you’re out of luck, you draw an awkward brow shape. More saddening are the days that you get the two brows looking more like they are strangers (than sisters). If that sounds familiar, learn (from the video below) how to fill or draw natural-looking eyebrows on over-shaved brows. Practice along as you watch.
*Ensure to Watch the next 2 videos that teach and show a slightly different method of sculpting and defining eyebrows with brow powder and concealer.
- SEE ALSO: How to Fix Fake Eyelashes by Yourself (Video Tutorial)
- How to Shave & Shape Your Eyebrows Like A Pro, Using Razor (Video)
#3. How to Fill Sparse or Thin (Scanty) Eyebrows
Not all women are endowed with naturally full brows. If you have scanty or thin brow areas, and like the look of fuller brows, you can learn how to do it yourself. Grab your tools and practice along with this video.
**IF YOU PREFER TO READ THE STEPS, scroll down a bit to see a written list of steps on how to do eyebrows for beginners.
Why You Need to Do Better Eyebrows
A good-looking set of eyebrows are key to achieving a flawless makeup overall. The finished look of your makeup depends on your ability to fill your brows right. No matter how good your foundation, contour, and lips look, if your eyebrows are not on-point, you’ll look not-put-together. The way you fill your eyebrows can either make you look older, younker, bland or sick. Unfortunately, many women struggle with drawing their eyebrows well enough to enhance their facial looks. Even if you don’t wear foundation or makeup, it’s still important to get your eyebrows looking good. As I said before, the condition of your brows can make you look like a better version of yourself or like a crappy version of ‘you’. You definitely want to look better, I know.
List of Eyebrow Products Used in the Video Tutorials
- Eyebrow pencil (a shade or two lighter than your eyebrow. Dark brown is great. Avoid black and reddish eye pencils) OR brow powder – Mary kay eyebrow pencil – Brunette | Mary kay eyebrow pencil – soft black/ dark brown or NYC Eyeliner ‘Dark Brown’ #922
- (optional) Eye shadow (brown colour) – Mac eyeshadow – Embark.
- Spoolie brush (aka mascara-type brush) – Mac Spooly (mascara-like brush). Hint: any old mascara brush will serve okay
- Concealer – Mac studio finish concealer – most dark Nigerians use Nw45 and some light ladies use NC35 (this should be different, depending on your skin colour/shade)
- (optional) Eyelid Primer – ELF or any other one
- Makeup Brushes: Concealer brush (for cleaning up below the brows) | Eco tool bamboo angled eyeliner brush | Sigma E65 eyeshadow brush | Blending brush
Hint: Jordana makes some of the most affordable, good eyebrow makeup products available in Nigeria. They have assorted cheap makeup including eye primer, eyebrow powder, brow pencils. Mary Kay eye makeup products are also widely available in Nigeria.
EXPLANATION: 4 Steps to Doing Better Looking Eyebrows
In case you prefer to read the steps to watching video tutorials, here are all the steps for doing your eyebrows better using eye-pencil or brow powder. Let’s go:
First off, you need to have well-shaped eyebrows BEFORE STARTING to put eye pencil on your brows – the video tutorial on how to fill/ draw eyebrow is here (click).
Anyway, let’s continue with the steps by step instructions on how to do your eyebrows with eye pencil or powder eyeshadow:
STEP 1: Define and create the eye-brow shape you want
Using an eye pencil, outline/ line the top and bottom of your brows.
- Comb your brows
- Draw a semi-hard line at the bottom of your brow and extend it toward the arch, using an eye pencil
- Draw another line at the top of the brow
To see how it is done, watch any of the above video tutorials OR see step 2 of the image on the left above.