If you’re looking for ideas of unique and useful wedding gifts to buy for someone, there’s nothing better than Kitchen Gadgets and Tools that they can use to fit their new kitchen. You can be sure that they will actually use it – and keep using it many years after. In this post, I cover 40 of the best Kitchen Wedding Gifts in every couple’s wedding wishlist.
The most thoughtful gift you can give to anyone is a gift that they will love, keep – and actually use. Kitchen essentials make some of the most useful and unforgettable wedding gifts.
Many about-to-wed couples secretly wish that their guests can read their minds, and buy them must-have modern kitchen gadgets, utensils and tools as wedding gifts. This post is our picks of most-wished-for Kitchen Wedding Gifts on every bride’s wish list. Check them out (down below)!
40+ Kitchen Gadget Gifts Every Nigerian Newlywed Couple Wishes Guests Will Buy for Them
- A Nigerian Cookery book – whether the bride is a good cook or not, she’ll love to try new recipes for Nigerian soups, snacks, baked food and even cocktails. Every modern groom loves to cook, and a Cookook is one that they will definitely use from time to time.
- Insulated Food warmer (a double/ 2-1 food warmer) – new wife/ madam will never forget you when she turns to this gift to pack Oga’s lunch on their dinner table, and know that it would still be hot when he comes home.
- Pressure cooker (to tenderize beans, cow leg, Ponmo, etc, and a pressure pot cooks faster).
- Set of Non-stick Pots (cookware)
- Non-stick frying pan set
- Kitchen Mandoline Slicer – every bride loves a time saver, and this one comes in handy when the bride needs to slice carrots, cabbages and other vegetables.
- Air fryer (for making roasted fish, roasted plantain, warming food, for frying with very little oil, and more). Air fryers provide a way to make healthier versions of oil-fried snacks and meals by using as little as one spoon of oil. Besides, air fryers are so multifunctional that your newlywed couple friends can use their air fryer to make things like roasted yam or Boli (roasted plantain), fry chin-chin, air fryer plantain chips, roasted fish, roasted chicken and so much more. They will love using it and never forget you.
- Standing cooker with oven
- Stand mixer (for mixing baking stuff) – A favourite brand of many women and chefs include KitchenAid mixers, and you can be sure that this kitchen gift would be well loved and used by any bride you give it to.
- Food processor – this gift is a dream come true for a very busy or working newlywed woman. With a food processor wedding gift, a newlywed woman will look like a magician when she uses it to cut, slice and do assorted pre-cooking preps in a very short time.
- Heavy-duty Blender (a high capacity blender/ grinder that can smoothly grind maize for Ogi/ Akamu, and also grind beans for moin-moin or akara is most desirable). Any bride that receives this gift will surely use it all the time and be thankful to you that they no longer have to take their maize and beans to the street or market for grinding. Here are some top heavy-duty blender brands – Ninja blenders, Vitamix blenders, and KitchenAid blenders
- Bullet blender (for making smoothie, crushing ice and blending vegetables like Ewedu and Okazi) – known and durable brands include Ninja bullet, Magic bullet and NutriBullet blenders)
- Microwave – every newly-married woman needs this kitchen wonder to warm food in seconds.
- Tabletop/ Countertop mini oven (mini oven for baking)
- Yam Pounder / Pounded yam maker – if the couple are food lovers, and the bride loves to cook, a yam pounder is an unforgettable wedding gift that they will never stop using.
- Bread maker – with the cost of bread skyrocketing every once in a while, your newlywed friends will appreciate being gifted a Bread maker wedding gift so that they can make freshly-baked bread any time they want, right in their home.
- Dinnerware set/ chinaware/ Dinner Plates
- Fruit and Vegetable Juicer/ Juice Extractor – modern couples are team FitFam, and a juicer will make their fitness dream come true as a couple, as they can whip up many healthy juices in the comfort of their own home. In case you’re asking, blenders cannot make juices because blender are unable to blend fruits blend and vegetables as smooth and liquidy as juicers. And juicers also have internal sieve so that what you get is a fine liquid juice.
- Citrus Juicer/ Electric orange juicer – a glass of orange juice makes the heart jump for joy but not so when you know that it’s nearly torture to manually squeeze a dozen of oranges to make that glass of juice. Give an electric citrus juicer wedding gift and they will never forget you – because it will be used and never dashed/ re-gifted out.
- Toaster/ Toasting machine
- Waffle maker – for the couple to whip up cool breakfast every morning.
- Stainless Steel Colander set/ strainer bowl
- Stainless steel Cooking Spoon set
- Knife set with storage rack/ knife block holder
- Chopping board with a Knife set and Potato Peeler
- A Knife Sharpener
- Kitchen Utensil set – mix of assorted utensils
- Cutlery set (in a box, to make it gift-worthy)
- 4-sided Grater (stainless steel)
- Wooden Cooking spoon set
- Food steamer – with this gift, your newlywed friends will find making steamed foods such as Moi-Moi fun and easier.
- Rice cooker
- Portable Popcorn maker – give them a small popcorn machine they can use to make something to snack on any time during their home-alone movie nights.
- Set of Kitchen Dish towel/ napkins set
- Husband and Wife Fun Matching Kitchen aprons – modern Nigerian men also love to cook, and there’s a saying that a couple that cooks together stays together. A His and Hers apron gift set is one that will be loved and used.
- Chest Freezer – we know that power/ electricity supply is not regular in Nigeria, and a deep freezer wedding gift will ensure that their food is preserved even when NEPA strikes.
- Wok Set (preferably a set of woks with lid) – every newlywed will love this gift for making yummy stir fry meals.
- Set of Strainer Spoons for frying – this strainer is wide enough to make scooping out fried snacks or food faster. The newlywed bride will find it useful every time she’s making puff puff or any other fried food.
- Igloo Cooler (look for Igloo Chest cooler or Igloo cooler with wheels) – will come in handy every time the couple has a picnic or house party, and they will always thank you for it.
- Eleganza cooler (you can be sure that they will use this gift during all parties – babies naming ceremonies, wedding anniversaries and birthday parties. This is an unforgettable gift that the couple will forever thank you for).
- A set of assorted seasonings and spices (packaged in a cute gift box). You may be able to find ready-made box of spice blends and seasonings from known brands or reach out to some Nigerian small business spice makers on Instagram and ask them to make a customized box of their bestselling spice blends. Make it even more special by asking them to have the couple’s name printed on the box.
- Electric kettle – a fancy but functional electric kettle, because it’s a wedding gift.
- Portable Induction Cooktop (single burner) – Modern women love modern kitchen utensils and appliances, and the Induction Cooker is the modern version of electric hot plate. So, you can be sure that this is a wedding gift will be be loved and actually used over and over again.
NOTE: The above gift ideas are the must-have Kitchen gadgets every bride/ newlywed secretly wishes to be gifted. If you’re planning your wedding, and wedding registries are available where you live, be sure to add the above Kitchen Wedding Gift ideas when creating your wedding registry.
It feels like a waste when someone dashes out a gift you gave them, especially if you put your heart into it. We know that not every type of kitchen utensil or gadget is a keeper if gifted to a newlywed. Save yourself the stress of guessing and be a mind-reader by choosing a good wedding gift from our list of most-wished-for Kitchen Wedding Gifts above.
If you’re a wedding guest, make it a priority to buy the couple a gift that they will appreciate enough not to re-gift to someone else, and by gifting them basic useful kitchen gadgets that’s on their wish list, you can be sure that your money spent will not go to waste.
Unforgettable Kitchen Wedding Gift Ideas for Foodie Couples
Now you know what to buy as wedding gifts for a Nigerian couple – that is on their kitchen wishlist, and that they will actually use. There you have it – our over 20 picks of the best kitchen gadget gifts you can be sure that the couple (you give them to) will love and keep using years after. Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments down below.
We all know that most wedding gifts a couple receives will not be used. It makes sense to put a lot of thought into the gifts you buy for an about-to-wed couple. Your goal should be to give them a gift that they need and will actually use. This post has over 20 ideas of the best Kitchen Wedding gifts to buy for Nigerian couples.
You should give unforgettable gifts. It feels good to give useful gifts that will not be thrown in the trash or dashed out – this post will give you ideas of top unforgettable wedding gifts if you’ve been invited to a wedding.
Every newlywed is certainly going to buy cooking utensils and kitchen gadgets. Therefore, receiving gifts in their kitchen wish-list is a dream come true. You can be certain that a nice Kitchen wedding gift is considered as thoughtful and will actually be used (and not given away).
The truth is that newlywed couples receive many gifts that are the same or not useful, and those are either thrown away or re-gifted to other people. If you’re here looking for ideas of what to buy for an about-to-wed couples, this post is for you. You goal should be to give unforgettable gifts. My handpicked list of kitchen wedding gifts make the most memorable gifts.
Even though we all know that every newlywed needs Kitchen gadgets and utensils, but many types of Kitchen gifts are common wedding gifts that Nigerian guests often buy. When newlyweds receive many of the same gifts, such as Drinking Glasses, they tend to give away the excess.
Why would you want to give a gift that you know the receiver will not use, and will give re-gift to someone else? Hopefully, this post helps you pick a nice Kitchen gadget or utensil to buy as wedding gift for your friend or relative.
What’s your favourite Kitchen Wedding Gift item that you got or one you wish that someone will give you (and why is it your fave)? Let me hear it in the comment section down below/