Don’t just plan on giving your guests any type of gifts. Give them only the type of gifts they will love, use and keep on using. In this post, I’ve got over 50 ideas of thoughtful souvenirs you can give at any occasion, including weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and even burials.
These gift ideas are also perfect as burial souvenirs. I made sure to pick out souvenirs for every type of budget – cheap souvenirs and pricey or luxury souvenirs. Now check out our samples of things that make useful and unique wedding souvenir ideas (below).
Cheap Souvenir Ideas for Weddings and All Other Occasions
- Paper Jotters
- Pens and Key Holders
- Colourful Plastic Kitchen Colander/ Strainer bowl in bright attractive colour
- Platic Kitchen washing-up bowls
- Kitchen Cutlery Drainer
- Kitchen Napkins
- Table Clocks
- Wall Clocks
- Ceramic or plastic trays
- Printed Carrier Bags/ Tote bags
- Mini Electric Hand Fan
- Business Card Holder
- Notebooks/ Jotters
- Back Scratcher
- Foldable hand fan or plastic hand fan
- Plastic curtlery drainer/ organizer
- Portable food flasks/ coolers
- Chest Freezer – this one is an unforgettable gift that the couple will keep using for years.
- Mini fridge (for bedroom)
- Ceramic or Plastic serving trays
- Ceramic flat plates
- Kitchen cooking spoons
- Chopping board
Mid to Pricey and Luxury Wedding Souvenir Ideas Nigerian Guests will Love
- Mobile Phones, iPhones
- Box of Sweet Treats (including chocolates, cupcakes, cookies)
- Fabric (6 yards premium fabric such as Lace, Hollandais ankara, Woodin, Guinea Brocade, Adire, HiTarget ankara, etc.)
- Personal Care Set in a box (including some or all or some of these: bath soap, lotion, body butter, lip balm, scented candle, hand sanitizers, mini perfumes, body spray, sheet masks)
- Hair Grooming set in a box (hair oil, beard oil, essential oil)
- Luxury Business Card Holder set in a box, containing a keyholder and ballpoint Pen
- Luxury planner with diary
- Luxury Journal with Pen gift set in a box
- Gift box with a mug, a tassel keyholder and notebook
- Box of assorted brand-name chocolates and mints
- Box of wine
- Leather-bound Diary
- Table mats, drink coasters and table napkins enclosed in a gift box
- Luxury Water Bottle
- Pressing Irons
- Luxury serving trays
- Plates rack/ drainer
- Mobile Power Bank
- Knife sharpeners
- Leather wallets
- Set of breakable flat plates
- Box of body sprays and perfumes
- Set of towels (including face and body towels)
- Set of quality kitchen towels
- Wooden spoons set (for cooking)
- Wellness Box containing a Humidifier and Fragrance Oils or essential oils
- Jewelry box
- Scented candles
- Box of assorted seasoning spices
Edible Wedding Souvenir Ideas
- Pack of Cupcakes
- Pack of Donuts
- A box of Popcorn – obviously you can customize it with a label that reflects your wedding. You may also skip the box and have them nicely wrapped or packaged.
- A box of mini Pizza for each guest
- Champagne or Wine in a box – if you can find the ones in mini bottles, that would save you some cost. You can attach to each bottle a customized label that reflects your name, with or without your wedding date
- A mini basket of Sweet Treats such as cupcakes, chocolate bars, biscuits, mini donuts, sweets – wrapped like Christmas hampers.
- Wedding cake in a box – have slices of your wedding cake put in cute, small boxes and handed to each wedding guest as a souvenir. An idea is to make a separate, undecorated plain cake for this, and have them pre-cut and pre-packaged for guests.
Ideas to Make Your Souvenirs Even More Special
- Customize them to make them personal – by printing something on to remind them about your wedding or event.
- Pack items in boxes or drawstring gift pouches (in satin or organza)
For many couples, budgeting for the souvenirs is not a top priority, and some couples wait until the major wedding expenses are taken care of to determine how much is left for souvenirs. If Souvenirs are important to you, know that weddings with fewer guests can easily find extra cash to splurge on Souvenirs, and even have some more to customize the souvenir items.
You can ask around for people or companies that offer gift packaging services – ask from gift shops and shops that sell hampers. You can even throw the question open on your social media page, for anyone that knows someone that offers gifts packaging.
If you choose to give personal care items in your souvenirs, an idea is to source for local makers of bath soaps, lotions and candles in your city or on Instagram or Facebook. They can make smaller sizes and pack them in cute customized boxes or drawstring bags.
What is a Souvenir?
A souvenir, also known as party/ wedding favour, is a gift that an event host gives to guests as a token of appreciation for showing up, and also to help them (the guests) remember they attended your party, wedding, or burial ceremony of your loved one..
Put in another way, a Souvenir is a gify you receive (from the host) for attending their wedding or party. Souvenir usually have the name or the party or wedding host printed on them.
Does Souvenir mean the same thing as Favour?
Yes, what is known as Souvenir in some countries is known as Favours in other places. The term ‘Souvenir’ is used in Nigeria. The British and Americans call them ‘Wedding/ Party Favours’ – with the obvious spelling difference of the letter ‘U’ omitted by Americans (hence, theirs is: Favors).
You’ll usually hear people say things like: wedding favours, wedding souvenirs, party favours, party souvenirs.
Whether you’re planning a wedding, birthday or burial, you can’t go wrong with our picks of sample souvenirs (above). They check our boxes of unique and usefulness, and your guests will love them.
Now tell me – which of the souvenir ideas above is your favourite? If you didn’t find your best souvenirs in the list above, also leave me a comment to tell me about it.