You too can have your eyeshadow looking flawless as if applied by a pro makeup artist. It’s all about knowing the application techniques, and it can be learned. Follow along with these step by step video tutorials to learn how to apply eyeshadows correctly. To further help you understand where to place which colour, I included diagrams showing parts of the eye and eyelid. Swipe or scroll down and enjoy!
In this article, we are bringing you three of the best DIY eyeshadow tutorials for beginners – to teach you a step by step process of basic techniques to properly apply eyeshadow correctly, for a wedding or for a simple everyday look. When eyeshadow is applied well, you should look like yourself, only like a polished version, and not look over-made-up. We hate it when a bride looks like a masquerade on an important day such as her wedding; the day she is supposed to look like a princess. We’ve heard many men tell us how they did not recognize their brides on the wedding day (because she was over-painted). So, watch the 3 eyeshadow video tutorials below, and follow along to practice the techniques on your eyes. Just in case you prefer reading over the video, scroll down to read the how-to steps.
How to Apply Eyeshadow Like a Pro: 3 Different Ways
Grab your makeup brushes and eyeshadow and practice along with these video tutorials. Just pause the video after each step and do it yourself before continuing to play the video on the remaining steps. Enjoy!
#1: Eyeshadow Application & Blending Techniques for Beginner (Video)
#2: Simple Everyday Look Eyeshadow Tutorial
*In case you prefer reading steps to watching it on video, scroll down to see our 8-step method of doing eye-shadow the right way.
#3: Eyeshadow Application Tips for Beginners
NOTE: If you prefer reading to watching videos, scroll down to see our 8-step process of doing eyeshadows correctly.
- RELATED: How to Draw and Fill Your Eyebrows with Eye Pencil or Eyeshadow
- How to Shave and Shape Your Eyebrows to a Natural Arch like a Pro
(LIST) Things You’ll Need to Do Your Eyeshadow Correctly
Here is everything you need to do your eyeshadow:
- Eyeshadow primer
- Eyeshadows – a light colour eye shadow and a dark colour eye shadow (preferably a 4-shade eyeshadow palette or a 2-shade eyeshadow palette). Popular brands of eyeshadow in Nigeria include: mary kay, MAC eyeshadow, Urban Decay naked eyeshadow palette, nyx, maybelline eyeshadow, Juvia’s Place, BMPro, LA Girl and more.
- Eyeshadow brush: An eyeshadow brush (You can use your index finger to apply color if you don’t have a makeup brush). – use is to apply eyeshadow over the lid. You can also use the tip of the brush to apply eyeshadow under the lower lash line or to create a very defined line in the crease of the eye. The best use for the Eye Shader brush is for packing color onto the eyelid.
- A Blending brush: A clean brush for blending the colours.
- Ten Minutes of your time
*Continue reading to see our eye-shadow application techniques that work, as well as to know what the common mistakes most women make that ruin their eyeshadows.