Choosing a wedding ring sounds easy, but thinking that you’ll be wearing the same ring forever, it is not one of those things you buy in 5 minutes. You’ll want to spend time looking through ring catalogues on websites and magazines to see pictures of the latest wedding rings, the timeless classics and the latest celebrity wedding rings. This is not the type of decision to be made in one visit to the jewelry store, especially because wedding bands are pricey and you don’t want to part with your cash to change your mind sooner or later.
One of the best ways to find the perfect wedding ring is to research your ring style in advance by looking at pictures for inspiration. In this post, you’ll get to see photos of beautiful wedding rings – the classics and the trending ones, to help you figure out what to shop for. Let’s help you find your wedding ring style and choose the perfect ring design you’ll be happy to wear forever. Play video below to see the latest wedding ring designs. After that, scroll down for our ring shopping buying guide and tips.
Finding the perfect wedding band should not take much time. The ring pictures in the above video is a great place to choose the type of wedding band to buy before going out to the shops. To further help you, scroll down for our ring shopping tips.
Choosing Your Wedding Ring: 5 Quick Questions to Help You Figure Out Your Style
Not all wedding rings look the same. They come in different metals and shapes to suit the different taste of diverse women. You can get confused if you go shopping for a ring without first figuring out the specifics of the wedding ring you will buy. Besides, it’s time consuming to make a decision right at the market or jewellery store. Here’s out quick tips to help you figure out the specifics of your wedding band in advance:
- The Ring Metal: What kind of ring metal would you like it to be? Gold and silver are not the only options. Popular wedding ring metals include gold (comes in white gold, yellow gold, or rose-gold), silver (pure silver, sterling silver), platinum, titanium?
- The Ring Shape: What about the ring shape – have you seen pictures for ideas?
- With or Without Stone? How do you like your wedding ring – with precious stones or simply a plain wedding band? Types of ring stones include diamond, saphire, ruby, cubic zirconia or CZ and moissanite (both are popular and cheaper diamond alternatives that closely looks like diamond);
- Which Particular Stone Type? If you prefer to go to a wedding ring with precious stone, what type of stone do you prefer (including diamond, ruby or other)?
- Bridal set, wedding set or stand-alone wedding band? Do you want a matchy-matchy set of rings (engagement and wedding ring)? Do you just want to buy only a wedding band? When shopping for your wedding ring, you’ll come across some rings in ‘sets of two’ and some in ‘sets of three’. There’s the ‘bridal set‘ , which is a set of a pair of rings designed to be worn together, and consists of the engagement ring (which has a center stone) and a wedding band of similar design. There’s also the ‘wedding set‘, containing three rings of uniform design – the groom’s wedding band, and the bridal set. Which type should you buy? Let’s be real, not every woman preparing for a wedding has an engagement ring, and if you’re one, buying a bridal set may be the right option for you. Some women are also able to pick out separate, stand-alone engagement ring and wedding band that compliment each other, during shopping. That’s also an option – depending on the option that has the right price point for you. It’s important to decide whether you are going to buy a wedding set, a bridal set or wedding band.
Many women regret their choice of wedding rings sooner or later after buying because they did not research first. This post will help you avoid that. If you’re in the middle of planning your wedding, it’s okay to not have figured out your wedding ring style yet. However, it is a good idea not to start ring shopping until you figure out the type of wedding ring that appeals to your taste.
5 Quick Steps to Finding Your Perfect Wedding Ring Design
Once you’ve decided on your wedding ring specifics (metal, shape, stone, set or no set), it’s time to decide on what the ring would look like. It is easy to get confused when you see very many rings at the jelwelry stores, and it can also be time-consuming sifting through what’s in the market to choose. Therefore, I always recommend to know what you want in terms of the ring design, before going out to the stores. Here’s our quick steps to guide you when buying your wedding ring:
- Find inspiration from pictures (magazines, wedding blogs, Pinterest, Instagram). That’s how you’ll know what’s in-vogue, what are the latest celebrity wedding ring designs and what the classic wedding ring designs. From looking at the different pictures, you’ll start getting an idea of the type of designs that appeal to you. This is going to be a ring you’ll wear for everyday of your life, so it’s important to pick ring designs that vibe with your everyday style – so that you won’t quickly get bored wearing it;
- Save or cut out images of the ring designs you like;
- Narrow down your list. Look again at the pictures you’ve gathered and narrow down your most-liked wedding bands to the best 3 designs;
- Save your best 3 ring images. Have those last 3 images saved to your phone or printed out;
- Shopping time: Take your 3 ring inspirations for shopping. The idea is that you would save time spent at shopping and not get distracted, by starting to ask for any of the 3 wedding ring designs that are your ‘it style’. Know that you may not get exactly the same design but you’ll get something close to that.
Why It’s Important to Carefully Choose Your Wedding Ring
Your wedding ring is fine jewelry that you’re going to wear almost every day, starting from the day you say “I do’. You don’t want to choose a ring style to later fall out of love with it and dislike wearing it. Going ring shopping without having an idea of what to ask for is a big mistake. That’s because you’re going to be overwhelmed with choices, and may end up buying on impulse.
Having an advance-idea of what you want, plus a picture of the wedding ring style that appeals to you will make you calmer during ring-shopping and make less prone to being ripped off at the market.
Therefore, it is important to do your research on the latest wedding ring styles before going out to the jewelry shops. In this post, you will get to look at a wide range of the latest and classic wedding ring styles and designs that are available in the market. Hopefully, you can find your wedding ring style before you go out shopping, and ultimately know what to buy.
- SEE ALSO: Interesting Wedding Ring History: How and Where It Started
- Engagement Ring Selfie Tips: How to Take the Perfect Ring Shot (Checklist)
What’s Your Wedding Ring Style?
It’s amazing how wedding band design choices differ with different women. Some Nigerian women like plain wedding rings (with a few stones or none, maybe like a wedding band), others prefer designs that include precious stones like diamonds, ruby, emerald, sapphire or other. When deciding on the wedding band to buy, be sure to decide on the metal – gold, silver or platinum? Also, the colour of the ring metal is a huge part when choosing a wedding ring – silver is whitish; there’s white gold, yellow gold. Finally, ring stones also come in different colours – keep that in mind, when deciding on your wedding ring design.
If you plan to wear your engagement and wedding rings stacked on one finger: How you like to wear your rings will determine the type of wedding ring suitable for you. For example, some women prefer to keep things simple and wear only their wedding band on a day-to-day basis. If you plan to stack your engagement ring on top of your wedding band, choose a wedding ring that matches your engagement ring in design, so that they both look like they were bought as a ‘set’. Keep that in mind when shopping.
Where to find wedding rings in Nigeria: Once you’ve chosen the best designs and style of rings that you like, you’re ready to go shopping. You can find good and original wedding rings in many Nigerian markets and jewelry stores, but if you like the convenience of buying stuff online, you can find beautiful, original wedding rings on top of online stores.
MORE BRIDAL FASHION IDEAS:
- Latest Wedding Gowns Spotted at Big Nigerian Weddings (Photos)
- The Best Wedding Gown Style for Your Body Shape (How to Choose)
- Bridal Trains: The Best One for Your Wedding Gown Style
- Latest Beaded Necklaces for Bride’s Traditional Wedding
- Latest Aso-Oke Styles and Designs for Couples
Know What You Want Before Shopping for Your Wedding Ring
Recap: Don’t go shopping for your wedding band until you figure out the design of wedding ring you like best. That way, you’ll avoid impulse-buying and regrets. Smart brides start looking at wedding ring pictures in websites and magazines, so as to get an idea of what to shop for. Not a surprise because wedding ring designs are countless, and so it can be confusing and overwhelming to start your search from a bridal jewelry store where you’ll be presented with so many that it will be hard to decide on one there and then.
If you like this post, consider sharing it on social media. Finally, if you used our tips above to buy your dream wedding ring, send us the picture for a chance to be featured.
Now, it’s your turn to talk back to me – did you find your perfect wedding ring design from those pictures of the trending and classic wedding rings? Are you going for a bridal set or stand-alone wedding band? Commend below to tell me what your ring style looks like.