On any good day, one of the questions I get asked by brides and grooms (planning a Nigerian weddings) goes like this: how do I plan a small wedding on a low budget, if that a couple is not getting monetary help from parents or family members, given the state of the economy.
I always replied with tips and guides and also pointed them to some of our articles on ‘budget weddings’. A few minutes ago, I received a similar question, and so thought that if I wrote an article about it I could help more couples who are struggling with the same problem.
So, this post covers everything about planning small and budget weddings in Nigeria. In here are the best tips and advice you need to plan a small wedding and save cost (or to plan a luxury small Nigerian wedding). This post is a compilation of our best posts and advices for planning a small or budget wedding. Enjoy!
Guides and Tips for Planning a Small Wedding in Nigeria
To help you plan a glam small wedding that is your style and within your budget (big or small), read our best small wedding tips and guides from the links below:
- Inexpensive Wedding: 19 Practical Ideas to Keep Costs Down
- How to Plan a Small Wedding and Still Wow Guests – it’s not about size
- How to Plan a Low-Key Wedding that Doesn’t Look Cheap
- How to Cut down Number of Guests to Your Budget
- How to Use Number of Guests to Know Wedding Cost
- The Types of Small Weddings and the Right One for You
These days, we’re seeing that with Nigerian weddings, the saying that small is the new big is ringing true among the wealthy people, celebrities and the not-rich people. While everyone wants a small wedding, their reasons for wanting a small wedding is not the same.
Also, their ideas of what ‘small’ means are not the same, as we’ve seen many ‘small weddings’ that cost way more than some big, owambe-style Nigerian weddings. The tips and ideas in the above posts should help you.
See N200k Wedding Budget Examples from Two Real Couples (Micro Wedding)
Cost-Saving Ideas & Tips for Planning a Low-Budget Nigerian Wedding
More and more couples are going for low-budget weddings and needing tips for how to pull off a successful wedding event that does not look and feel cheap. So, here are our best tips and guides to help you out.
- Why Nigerian Weddings Are Expensive and Where to Cut Cost
- How to Cut Down Wedding Cost in Nigeria (9 Smart Ideas)
- 5 Small Money Ideas to Have a Dream Wedding in Nigeria
- 9 Simple Steps to Cut Wedding Cost and Still Have Quality
- 10 Unique Ideas for Planning a Boujie Wedding with a Small Budget
- 12 Ways to Save Cost on Your Wedding Cake
- Costly Wedding Fashion Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Why You Should Cut Down Number of Wedding Guests to Invite
Wedding Expenses List: Things to Buy When Preparing for Nigerian Wedding
How to Find Money for Wedding
- How to Save Money for a Nigerian Wedding (7-Step Plan)
- How to Ask Nigerian Parents for Wedding Money (with Sample Wordings)
Other Essential Wedding Planning Guides
Now that you’ve got our very best tips (above) and advice on how to plan a small, low-budget wedding, it’s time to guide you on how to start planning your wedding – follow the tips in the links below.
- Wedding Budget Breakdown Calculator
- How to Make a Wedding Budget from Scratch – step by step
- Guide to Plan Traditional and White Wedding Same Day
- Complete White Wedding Checklist (of things-to-do)
- Nigerian Traditional Wedding Checklist
- How to Stick to Your Wedding Budget (and Avoid Overspending)
- How to Avoid Disappointments Common at Weddings in Nigeria
Many couples are too worried, thinking about how they can possibly organize their wedding with the money they have, without borrowing, and they totally forget that the wedding needs to be planned. Starting early to plan and staying true to your budget are keys to avoiding wedding anxiety and stress.
We have written many articles on how to save cost or cut cost when planning a wedding and I wanted to use this post as a place to point my readers to the several ‘scattered’ articles on this topic. If you search this blog, you’ll find various guides on how to plan a low-cost wedding that doesn’t look and feel cheap.
So, this post is where to find our very best small and budget wedding planning tips in one single place for brides and grooms on budget – one wedding planning resource. Each of those posts is my answer to someone who’s looking for how to go about planning a small or budget wedding.
So, there you have it on our very best wedding planning tips for couples who want a small or low-key and/ or low-budget wedding. Hope you enjoyed reading. If this article helped you in any way, please consider telling your friends about it – tweet it, Facebook it, Instagram it, repost it everywhere:). And, If there’s anything I missed, let me hear it in the comments box down below.
Good evening Ma i need help in planning my soon to be marriage this year by Gods grace we plan to do court and traditional on the same day but don’t know how to go about like how much can be the budget of it both Nigerian
Stella Anokam says
Hello Wealth, thanks for visiting NaijaGlamWedding blog.
1) Same-day double wedding: I have a detailed, step by step guide on how you can organize both a court/ white wedding and traditional wedding on same day. Click that link and follow the steps. Be sure to read to the end.
2) On how much to budget for your wedding, I can’t tell you because I do not know your pocket. How much to budget is the anount you already have in your bank account. So, check that and use part of the money. Just know that if you invite more people, it will cost more; and if you want to spend less, you have to invite few people.
Only you know how much salary you earn and how much you savings you have in your bank account. I tell couples that if they have some money saved up, to use part of it as their wedding budget. If you have no savings, give yourselves 6 months to a year and start saving immediately.
So, go ahead and fix an amount you think you can afford to spend on the wedding, and let the planning begin.
Hope that helps.