8. One-Shoulder Grecian Bridesmaid Dresses
- RELATED STYLES: Chic One Shoulder Celebrity Dresses for Weddings and Occasuions
If you want the Grecian goddess theme look for your girls, this is the style to go for. It’s chic and evergreen. This style of bridesmaid dress neckline oozes feminine sexiness, without revealing too much upper skin. If your bridesmaids are not comfortable with a strapless gown, they may find the one-shoulder gown more appealing, as it covers their shoulders (well, one shoulder) unlike the strapless dress and spaghetti strap styles that expose more skin. The above photos are examples of different to pull off the one-shoulder bridesmaid dress trend.
- Above (top): Peach one-shoulder Grecian style bridesmaid dresses accessorized with net cap and flower hairpiece
- Above (middle): Flowy coral colour empire/ high-waist/ bridesmaid dresses
- Above (bottom): Silver grey coloured asymmetric one-shoulder bridesmaid dresses
RELATED: 57 Peach Colour Combinations for Weddings and Dressing (LIST)
9. Strapless Bridesmaid Dresses
Strapless bridesmaid dresses are timeless and elegant, and they’re still being loved by today’s brides and their bridesmaid.
- Above (top): Flowy coral colour high-waist strapless bridesmaid dresses | Maid of Honour wears emrald green empire/ high-waist strapless bridesmaid dress (the same dress style with the other girls)
- Above (bottom left): Flowy turquoise high-waist (empire) A-line strapless bridesmaid dresses | Maid of honour wears mustard coloured strapless flowy dress (same style as the other bridesmaids)
- Above (bottom right): Blue strapless flared hem bridesmaid dresses with sparkly belt
- 9 Cool Ways to Dress Chief Bridemaid Different (w/ Pictures)
- What’s an empire style dress? READ: The Different Wedding Gown Silhouettes (w/ Photos)
10. Fitted/ Pencil Bridesmaid Dresses with Slit or Shoulder Cape
If you’re looking for something different, make your girls wear any of the above modern bridesmaid dresses – a fitted/ pencil bridesmaid dress with shoulder cape or with a front slit. We’re seeing bridesmaids strutting down the aisle, showing some legs in thigh-high slits. We see many brides allowing their girls to have their slit as high or as low they are comfortable with (well, not higher than will show their panties). A modest slit hurts no one and adds the right amount of punch.
Another new trend we see in the Nigerian bridesmaid fashion is the addition of cape – either shoulder cape or waist bridesmaid cape dresses. Brides who want something unusual and want to make a statement have their entourage wear bridesmaid dresses that have shoulder cape. This style of bridesmaid dress adds some of the needed amounts of drama when the bridesmaids walk down the aisle. You can also choose to make the shoulder capes detachable to that it does not get in the way when they are dancing.
- Above (top): Red fitted one-shoulder long bridesmaid drsses with shoulder cape
- Above (bottom): Slim-fitted white long V-neck bridesmaid dresses with front slit
WEDDING RECEPTION GOWN STYLE IDEAS:
- Posh Puff Sleeve Dress Styles for Occasions
- 10 Pretty Off-Shoulder Dress Styles You Can Wear for Your Reception
- Chic Celebrity One-Shoulder Gowns Perfect for Wedding Reception Look
Click to NEXT PAGE (below) to continue – see more