11. Knee-Lenth Floral Bridesmaid Dresses in Patterned or Textured Fabric
We used to know bridesmaid dresses as only having a smooth and satin-like texture with no design, but these days where being different is celebrated in bridal fashion, we’re seeing some bridesmaid dresses that are not smooth in texture or have floral (flower) patterns or other types of design. Look at the light pink bridesmaid dresses on the left – the sleeved and bottom frills add even more texture and interest to the outfits. How cool is that? Let’s also look at the burgundy jacquard bridesmaid dress on the right, neck, and bottom of the dress make it more unique. The way the dress is longer at the back and shorter at the front (called high-low dress style) is a cool trend. What makes the above styles more interesting is that your girls can wear them again and again, as they don’t have the strictly-for-bridesmaids look.
- Above (left): Light pink frilled knee-length bridesmaid dresses
- Anove (right): Plum coloured jacquard material high-low style knee-length bridesmaid dress
12. Multicoloured, Print or Floral Bridesmaid Dresses (Ankara and Tye and Dye/ Adire Bridesmaid Dresses)
- RELATED STYLES: 5 Celebrity Ankara Pencil Dresses You Should See
- Latest Ankara Styles for Wedding Giests
Gone are the days when bridesmaid dresses were in only one single colour. As Nigerians, we’re colour-loving people who wear multicoloured dresses in our everyday lives (and also make it look good). We’re not surprised to see brides choosing to make their bridesmaids dresses in traditionally Nigerian fabrics such as ankara wax prints, floral fabrics or tye and dye (adire) fabrics. Adire and Ankara bridesmaid dresses are unique, but this trend is not for everybody. However, if you feel like it, why not?
13. Pantsuit Bridesmaid Dresses Trend | The Girls Stun in Champagne and White Pantsuit Bridesmaid Dresses with Fascinator Net Hats
14. Fitted Bridesmaid Dresses with Flared Hem/ Bottom
- Above (top): Fitted fuschia pink satin bridesmaid dresses with double layer flared hem | Chief bridesmaid wears a light pink fitted dress with double-flared bottom (same style as the other girls)
- Above (bottom): Fitted royal blue satin bridesmaid dresses with flared hem
15. Long Bridesmaid Dresses are Still In Trend
Long bridesmaid dresses have always been in-vogue, and it doesn’t look like they are going anywhere soon. We see that at over 90% of Nigerian weddings, the bridesmaids were seen wearing maxi-length gowns. We are also seeing a lot more brides going for the knee-length bridesmaid dresses, and that looks pretty cool.
- RELATED STYLES: Latest Long Gown Styles for Weddings and Occassion
Click to NEXT PAGE (below) to learn about trends in bridesmaid dress colours, lengths and more.