You no longer have to worry about colour combinations for your wedding or aso-ebi because in this post I have nearly every colour covered. All you have to do is pick! I spent a lot of time researching colours, and finally, have put together what I call the ultimate list of colour combinations that work well for weddings and aso-ebi, and even for event and home decoration.
Nigerian brides are hooked on getting their wedding colour combinations right, and it’s one thing that stresses them aside from the wedding planning. Since helping brides eliminate wedding planning stress is what I love to do, I decided to create a big list of colour combos for different colours, and I will keep adding to it. Read on!
With our Nigerian lists of colour combinations (below), you won’t ever have to ask anyone again: ‘what colours combine or go well together?’ Now, swipe/ scroll down to check out our colour combo lists for different colours.
List of Different Colours with Combinations for Aso-ebi, Traditional and White Wedding
- PEACH COMBOS: 57 Peach Colour Combinations List for Aso-ebi and Wedding Design
- WINE COMBOS: 58 Wine Colour Combinations for Dressing and Design
- ONION COMBOS: 76 Onion Colour Combinations for Nigerian Wedding and Aso-ebi (LIST)
- BLUE COMBOS: 125 Blue Colour Combinations for Nigerian Wedding and Aso-ebi (LIST)
- TURQUOISE COMBOS: 68 Turquoise Colour Combination Ideas
- More colour combos will be added
What I considered when putting together these colour combinations collections are: the best colours that go well together. You’ll find that all the colours I included look good together. Even if you don’t know what colours to choose for your wedding, you’ll be inspired by the list of colour combos for each colour we covered.
If you’re a Nigerian, you know how we’re so obsessed with wedding colour combinations – one combo for the traditional wedding; another for the white wedding, another colour combo for family members’ aso-ebi, a different combination for friends aso-ebi, and another colour combination for office colleagues aso-ebi. That’s in addition to finding wedding colour schemes for the bride and groom’s wears and that of their bridesmaids and groomsmen. That’s not all – plus a colour palette for the wedding venue.
Wow! What a hard job that is. That is what Nigerian brides go through, plus the usual anxiety and stress associated with wedding planning. Choosing a colour combo is a stressful affair, but I’ve done the work so that you don’t have to stress yourself.
Save this page because you’ll need it again and again. If you’re a bride asking: ‘how do I choose a colour combination for my traditional wedding attire and venue decoration?’ Or ‘I am looking for a colour combination to sew a new ankara pencil dress’, just come to this page and pick one combo.
Tips: How to Use our Colour Combinations Guide for Occasion-Wears and Traditional Wedding Outfits
- Use any combo from our list of colour combinations (in each guide) to combine colours for your Gele and Blouse/ top.
- Use it when combining colours for houses, venue decoration
- Use it when combining colours for your bridesmaid dresses
- Use it to combine colours for bride and groom’s traditional wedding wear, such as aso-oke
- Use it when combining colours for your groom’s agbada and cap. Our colour combination lists guide is your answer when your guy asks you for tips on how to match colours for men’s clothes.
- Men can use this guide when combining colours for their native wear and caps, or to choose colour combo for the men aso-ebi or to choose matching ties or socks for their groomsmen/ bestman suits.
- Aim for harmony and cohesion when picking different aso-ebi colours. Do you want the overall colours in the group pictures of you and your aso-ebi men/ women to look cohesive, together, in-sync and coordinated, without appearing off or clashing?
- Ask yourself – will my attire colour look in-sync with that of my aso-ebi friends (in photos)? if the couple and a few people in each aso-ebi colour group are in the same picture, will all the colours appear ‘together and cohesive’ in that picture?
- If you’re a bride or groom planning to wear a specific colour for your traditional marriage attire, find the colour on this page (up above) and go to the particular guide for that colour to choose colours for your ore iyawo/ aso-ebi ladies or men.
- This colour combo guide will also help you to choose a bridesmaid and groomsmen outfits that do not clash in pictures.
For brides and grooms who are picking wedding colours, it’s easy to choose your own outfit colours, but check whether everyone’s colours will tie-together and not clash when you and your wedding party/ aso-ebi gang snap a group picture.
Just look through our colour combinations list to choose a matching colour for your various aso-ebi people. We usually see traditional wedding pictures of a bride and her asoebi bella ladies together and the colours are clashing, even though they look gorgeous when not snapped together.
So, when thinking of your own traditional wedding fabric colours, also think of how your (bride’s) outfit will match your asoebi belles when snapped together in group pictures.
3 Tips to Make Monochromatic Colour Combos Not-boring
Doing a monochromatic colour combination can sometimes go wrong and look unpleasing. With a few tips and tricks, you can wear different shades of the same colour and your entire look will look beautiful. Here are some tips below:
1. Use accessories, assorted fabric textures and patterns to make your monochromatic colour combination look interesting, instead of boring.
2. Add a pop of bright colour (using accessories) to make your monochrome blue colour combo interesting.
3. Add fashion accessories, different fabric textures and patterns to make your monochromatic colour combo exciting ann not boring. For example: add a touch of coral neck-beads to an attire of monochrome green outfit.
Your Search for Nigerian Wedding Colour Combinations Ends Here!
With our lists of matching colour combinations, you no longer have to struggle looking and asking everywhere for ‘what colours to combine with XYZ for my wedding?’. Just save this page, pick a colour combos list and choose from the list of colour combos. It’s that simple!
Colours have a way of bringing a certain ambience to weddings. Every wedding is colourful, but more so are Nigeria weddings where the bride is faced with picking tons of colour matches for different things aside from her wedding colour pallete. She has to choose her and her groom’s outfit colours. Also, she has to pick a nice wedding colour scheme for her venue decoration and wedding party (bridesmaids and groomsmen).
For Western brides, that would have been all, but for a Nigerian bride, she also has to find the right colour match for her and her groom’s traditional wedding attires.
That’s not all, she also has to pick aso-ebi colour combinations for different groups of relatives and wedding guests. That’s definitely a hard and stressful thing, given that the wedding planning itself is super-stressful.
For years, we have been answering colour combination questions from some of our readers who asked us. We’ve enjoyed giving them ideas on colours that that match for their traditional and white wedding.
After years of one-on-one answers to colour combination questions dropped in the comments box and those sent to us by email, we have now decided to throw open our colour combo lists to every bride out there and anyone looking for colour combination ideas for homes or office interior decoration needs (including living room/ bedroom/ kitchen/ bathroom design).
So, we have kickstarted a series of blog posts showing nice colour combinations for different individual colours. This page is where we will list the colours that we have posted so far. So, save this page because I’ll keep adding new colour combinations!
A lot of research and hard work goes into putting together every of our colour combinations guide and list for you. I’ll appreciate if you help us share and repost it on social media if you find it helpful. Thanks in advance.
Our Journey to Creating Different Colour Combinations Lists for Nigerian Weddings
We often get asked questions such as ‘what colours go well together or look good together’? It has been difficult answering every person one by one, especially when some of the questions had been answered before. So, I thought: why not put together a single post that answers everyone asking for the colours that go well with each other.
I’ll keep updating this ‘colour combos’ series by adding to the different colours covered. If there’s any colour you want, that is yet to be added on this page, feel free to ask for it in the comment section (down below).
NEXT STEPS FOR YOU: Bookmark this page, so that you can easily come back to pick any colour combination for your next occasion wear or aso-ebi, wedding colour combo, native-wear or even for decorating your home or wedding/ party/ event venue.
That’s it on the different colours and colour combinations for aso-ebi and Nigerian weddings. I hope you like them.
Did you find a colour combination you like? Share it with me in the comments section down below. Do you have any colour you want us to cover next? Let me know – comment about it. I’ll be looking forward to chatting with you in the comments area. Thanks for reading.