Wine is a popular colour for Nigerian white and traditional weddings. It is well-loved by brides (and grooms too) as well as wedding guests for traditional attires and aso-ebi outfits. It’s a popular wedding suit colour and also a popular bridesmaid dress colour.
The question for anyone considering this shade is ‘what colours combine with wine colour?’. I have the answers for you inside this post. Below is a list of beautiful colour combinations to wear with wine for aso-ebi or a traditional wedding attire (for couples) – beautiful 2-colour combos with wine, and 3-colour combos too.
You can also use these colour combo ideas when choosing your wedding venue decorations, and when picking what your bridesmaids and groomsmen’s will wear. Now, swipe or scroll down to see the list of wine colour combos I put together for you.
What Colours to Combine With Wine Colour Outfits?
To inspire how you wear wine colour, we are presenting you with 58 different colours that go well with wine, and also tips on how to combine 3 colours including wine.
Every person naturally gravitates to some types of colours and that relates to the choice of colours they pick to combine with another. Therefore, I have grouped the wine colour combos into their main colour families.
That should also make it easy and quick for you to find a colour combination for your aso-ebi or bridal traditional wedding look. Enjoy!
Colour Groupings (details are below, so scroll down):
- List of Neutral Colours that go with Wine
- List of Blue Shades that Match Wine
- List of Green Colours that Combine with Wine
- List of Red and Earth-toned Colours to Wear with Wine
- List of Yellow and Golden Shades that go well with Wine
1. Neutral Colours that Combine with Wine
- Wine combined with White. White colour looks good with everything. Whenever you’re not sure what colour will go well with any colour, white is the safe answer. It is a perfect combination with wine for a 2-colour combo. Even for a 3-colour combo, you can mix white with any of the above combinations and the result will look good.
- Wine and Silver
- Wine and Ivory
- Wine and Cream
- Wine and Black – black colour looks good together with every colour.
- Wine and Ash
- Wine and Grey
- Wine and Charcoal grey
- Wine and Slate grey
2. Blue Colours and Shades that Go With Wine Colour
- Wine and Blue aso ebi
- Wine and Aqua blue
- Wine and Light blue
- Wine and Sky blue
- Wine and Royal blue aso-ebi
- Wine and Navy blue
- Wine and Dark blue
- Wine and Teal (teal blue)
- Wine and Blue ice
- Wine and Purple
- Wine and Dark purple
- Wine and Eggplant purple
- Wine and Lavender
- Wine and Lilac
- Wine and Plum
3. Green Shades that Go With Wine Colour
- Wine and Olive green
- Wine and Lime green
- Wine and Mint green
- Wine and Dark green
- Wine and Emerald green
- Wine and dark Forest green
- Wine combined Bottle green colour
4. Red and Earthy Tone Shades that Complement Wine
- Wine and Red
- Wine and Dark red
- Wine and Rose
- Wine and Reddish-orange
- Wine and Burnt orange
- Wine and Coral
- Wine and Peach | wine and peach aso ebi
- Wine and Pink
- Wine and Fuchsia pink
- Wine and Light Pink
- Wine and Baby pink aso ebi
- Wine and Hot pink
- Wine and Blush pink
- Wine and Onion pink
- Wine and Brown
- Wine and Rusty brown
- Wine and Copper shade
- Wine and Khaki
- Wine and Tan
- Wine and Taupe
- Wine and Leather brown
- Wine and Carton colour
- Wine and Burgundy
- Wine and Mauve
5. Yellow/ Gold Shades that Match With Wine Colour
- Wine and Gold
- Wine and Champagne gold
- Wine and Yellow
- Wine and Mustard yellow
6. Monochrome Wine Colour Combo
An outfit in boldly all-wine colour looks beautiful, but monochromatic looks can sometimes get boring. For times when you feel like mixing in a touch of one or two colours to your outfit, you have over 50 wine colour combinations to play with.
Talking about monochromatic look, not many Nigerians are into dressing in one single colour (bold monochrome colour) outfits, especially when they’re dressing up for as a wedding guest. It could be a wine dress or kaftan with a different colour of gele or cap (fila).
There are more Nigerian couples who mixed coloured outfits than those that go for a monochrome look at their marriage introduction ceremony or traditional wedding. The art of combining colours with outfits is a big part of Nigerian culture, and we seem to do it well.
Extra Tips on How to Combine Wine Colour for Nigerian Dressing
Where you’re a bride or wedding guest, here are example ways to use the above-listed wine colour combinations in your day-to-day dressing or for occasion wear:
- An all-wine wedding guest dress
- All-wine men’s agbada or senator suit native wear
- Wine and yellow aso-ebi or ankara dress
- Wine george wrapper with a champagne gold blouse
- Wine aso oke iro and buba with champagne gold gele combination
- Wine voile lace aso-ebi maxi gown with a touch of teal/ teal accent.
- White lace blouse and wrapper wine patterned wax print wrapper
3-Colour Wine Colour Combination Ideas for Nigerian Aso-ebi or Wedding Attire
If you’re going for three-colour combination with wine, for example, if you want the outfit to have wone as a dominant colour plus other two colours, or you want the third colour for your gele headtie, here are some ideas.
- Wine combined with Blush pink with Mauve combination
- Wine colour combined with Coral and Pink
- Wine combined with Khaki colour and Bottle green (or dark green)
- Wine combined with Cream and Tan colours
That’s not all – you can also make up your own 3-colour wine colour combo by taking any of the above two-shades combinations and picking a lighter shade from any of the other wine colour combinations above.
Wine Venue Colour Combination or Bridal Party Attire Colour Combo
The wine colour combination ideas above are also helpful for choosing the perfect wedding venue colour combination or wine wedding suit and shirt and tie colour combination, or even to find the right bridesmaid dress colour to match a wine groomsmen wedding suit (in pictures).
I hope our list of wine colour combos will help you in other ways aside from how to combine your wedding attire.
Wrapping Up: The Best Colours that Go With Wine
There you have it – our mega list of wine colour combinations for a traditional wedding. I hope the ideas in this post will help you choose and plan your next wedding and aso-ebi dressing. I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it for you. Be sure to check out our other colour combinations lists.
Be sure to follow us on social media and also subscribe to our glam wedding newsletter for more interesting wedding fashion trends and ideas. Also, help us share this post on social media to help others know about it.
Before you go, I’d like to hear from you – which of the above combos is your favourite wine colour combination for outfits (aso-ebi, ankara or traditional wedding attire)? Comment down below to tell me and let’s get the discussion popping!