Are you engaged and preparing for your white wedding, but need a to-do list to stay organized? In this post, I created a Nigerian white wedding planning checklist as a ready-made plan you can use right away. You see, planning a wedding is overwhelming and stressful whether you’re the bride or groom, especially if you’re planning on your own without the help of a wedding planner. You need a planning checklist to stay organized and sane because there’s so much to do before the wedding day. Use our step by step Nigerian white-wedding-planning checklist of things to do before and up to your big day. This white wedding checklist is organized in a month-by-month calendar form and is guaranteed to keep you organized. Read on and print a copy to check off activities when done.
Scroll down for the complete to-do list for Nigerian white wedding.
Any wedding planner will advise that keeping a planning checklist or to-do list of the things you need to do is crucial to ensure you get everything done before it’s too late. Most Nigerian couples spend 12 months (from after their engagement) to plan their weddings, but not everyone likes to wait that long to get married. If you prefer a short-engagement or simply just want to plan your wedding in a short time-frame, we have a checklist on how to plan a Nigerian wedding in 3 months or less. This checklist in this article is scheduled over a 12-month timeframe. It is your month by month wedding planning countdown calendar, in a to-do list format, to guide you through the steps to preparing for a white wedding, down to every last detail. Your Nigerian white wedding planning checklist starts below:
Immediately After Your Engagement (Things to Do)
- Congrats, your guy has proposed! It’s time to have an engagement party OR just take some time to soak in the reality that you’re now nearly-married. Enjoy the moment, and don’t rush to start planning the wedding so soon.
- (For Groom) While you’re still enjoying your engagement, start researching arrangements for your customary marriage introduction, bride price, and traditional engagement list. We created a special checklist to help you stay organized before and up to your Nigerian traditional wedding day.
MORE WEDDING PLANNING GUIDES:
- Bride Price and Traditional Engagement Lists (Grooms’ Guide): Yoruba List | Igbo List | Edo (Eshan) List
- Nigerian Traditional Wedding Planning Checklist
- How to Have Your Traditional and White Wedding on the Same Day (includes a sample program of the event)
10 to 12 Months to Your Wedding Date: White Wedding Checklist
1. Pick a date for the white wedding, as well as the court registry wedding
2. The Place: Decide on the wedding location (what country, state?)
3. The Look & Feel – Define the tone, style and colour combination for your Nigerian white wedding (Write Your Wedding Dreams on Paper). This is where you write down your wedding dreams on paper. I’ll provide you some guide here, but our wedding pre-planning quiz for engaged couples goes deep into walking you through step by step, to fleshing out your wedding style, necessary for perfecting your wedding day look and feel. This exercise will tell you the right words to describe your wedding wants to your vendors – in a way that they will better get it.
- 58 Wine Wedding and Aso-ebi Colour Combination Ideas
- 57 Peach Colour Combinations for Nigerian Weddings