Most men find it meeting the bride’s parents for the first time or for the marriage introduction to be very intimidating and nerve-racking. Many men are terrified of the idea of marriage introduction for fear of ‘how do I go about it the right way?’.
Hearing stories from other grooms on how they did it can help boost your morale and confidence. That’s what this post will do for you. Also, get to hear how featured brides told their parents about their fiance.
Imagine if someone who has been there, done that, gave you a manual or ‘expo’ into how he planned his Nigerian marriage introduction – so that you know exactly what to do, what to avoid and what to not-miss-to-do?
That’s what this series is all about – to show you other men sharing their marriage introduction planning stories.
This post is part of a series to help boost the confidence (and morale) of grooms who are preparing to take this journey, and also give them an insight into how someone else did it.
How they Met & Told the Parents (True Stories Featured in This Post)
- The Process this Groom Living Abroad Went through to First Meet Father-in-Law, How he Planned the Marriage Introduction to His Igbo Bride (Video is below)
- How this Bride Told Her Nigerian (Igbo) Parents About Her Fiance for the First Time
- Overview of Groom’s Customary First Visits to Meet His Igbo In-Laws
- Nigerian Marriage Introduction: All a Groom Needs to Know
- Grooms Guide to Planning Nigerian Traditional Wedding
Presenting Nigerian Marriage Introduction True Story Series
I have heard many grooms get nervous about preparing and going for the marriage introduction meeting. I know how things can get easier if you get an expo from others who have been there before, done it before.
It’s the kind of feeling of relief that our male readers say they get when they read our men’s guide to preparing for a traditional wedding and traditional engagement lists for the bride’s part of Nigeria.
So, as part of this series, I’ll be featuring stories told by grooms of how they planned their marriage introduction, how their parents-to-parents meeting went, how their family/ them presented their marriage proposal/ intentions to the bride’s family.
It is my hope that after listening to a fellow man share his own journey, you’ll pick up one or more tips to navigate your way through making a successful first-time-meeting and marriage introduction with your future inlaws.
Igbo Marriage Introduction: Story by Real Grooms (AdannaDavid)
How She Told Her Nigerian Igbo Parents About Her Fiance
MORE EXPOS FOR GROOMS FOR PLANNING NIGERIAN TRADITIONAL WEDDING
- Eru Iyawo List: What the Yoruba Engagement List Looks Like
- Igbo Traditional Engagement/ Marriage List for Grooms
- Esan (Edo) Traditional Wedding List & Bride Price
- Edo Traditional Wedding Process Overview for Grooms
- Igbo Traditional Process: Questions and Answers
- Yoruba Traditional Wedding Programme: Overview, Q & A
Use the ‘Expo’ From Real Grooms to Make Marriage Introduction Journey Easier
Many men are terrified of the idea of marriage introduction for fear of ‘how do I go about it the right way?’. Hearing stories from other grooms on how they did it can help boost your morale and confidence. That’s what this post will do for you.
Be sure to let me know if any of the above tips help you make your Marriage Introduction planning easier. Thanks for reading this far.
That’s it on real-life stories and insights of how some grooms planned and went about their marriage introduction ceremony. If you like this post or have any feedback, comment down below to tell me.