10. Trial Hair and Makeup: Have preview trial runs for wedding makeup and hairstyle – if you’d like to do it yourself, learn from our wedding makeup video tutorial, and also choose a style from our in-vogue wedding hair-styles. >Arrange with your hairstylist and makeup artist to do a trial of your wedding day makeup look and hairstyle. During this practice hair and makeup session, you should be able to point out any errors to your stylists, so they know where to improve for your day-of-wedding looks.
This step is very important because you want to know whether this makeup artist or hairstylist can achieve the look and hairstyle that suits your taste and personality. >It is not a good idea to do hair/ makeup the first time on your wedding day, to avoid disappointment to you or your groom (we’re tired of hearing grooms tell us how they hated their bride’s look on the wedding day);
11. Start Your Pampering Session: Start your wedding skin/ beauty and grooming (including skin treatments and weight loss plans). Relax, Go to bed early every day and get a beauty treatment (facials and massage) every now and then – massage/ facials/ workouts. HINT: Do not have facials close to your wedding date, as some treatments can have temporary redness and the occasional breakout.
12. Appoint your wedding day chairman (Optional), wedding day assistants, food servers & ushers
1 to 3 Months to Go: White Wedding Checklist
1. Review with Photographer: Some brides have certain wedding day photography poses they found online or in magazines that they absolutely want to recreate on their big day. If that’s you, this is the time to give your photographer your must-have photos posing list to your photographer, so that they know the important not-to-miss pictures to catch
2. Distribute invites: Send out the wedding invitation cards to people on your guest list. It’s important to send invitations early to ensure everyone will not have booked other engagements on your wedding date.
3. Put together your bridal emergency kit & hand over to a bridesmaid.
4. Finalize Vendor Agreements: Again, finalize details & delivery times with all vendors. By this time, you should have every signed vendor agreement in your hand.
5. Review Playlist with DJ: Finalize music playlist (& do-not-playlist) with DJ/music band. Why you do this is because you know that some types of songs won’t be appropriate for particular sets of your guests, and no one likes surprise WRONG or EMBARRASSING SONG being played on your wedding day. So, this is the time to sit with your DJ and have a sample listening to what he will play for you. As you go over the songs, ensure to give him your DO NOT PLAY list (of songs), so he knows the songs you don’t want to be played. For example, a Christian couple would want to play some Nigerian music/ songs as well as Christian pop songs, but they may have songs by a musician like DavidO on their DO NOT PLAYLIST.
6. Review with Your MC: Some Nigerian wedding MCs make jokes that could embarrass some reserved brides and/ or grooms – jokes and couple games that may have been acceptable to their former clients. You don’t want to find any not-funny jokes or adult-joke surprises to spring up on your big day. So, this is the time to tell your MC what kind of jokes you don’t want to see. >A good idea would be to ask for a few recordings of that MC at previous weddings, so you get an idea of what to ask him not to do at your wedding.
7. End Active Involvement with Wedding Planning: At this point, you should have almost everything done. Now, delegate remaining tasks, event coordination & wedding day tasks & itinerary to a trusty friend or family member, or hire a professional to coordinate activities on the wedding day, or towards the final days of your wedding planning (yes, some wedding planners offer coordination service). Use our step by step article on how to coordinate your wedding like an expert. >This is also the time to handover all vendor contact list, itinerary and balance payment to a trusty bridesmaid or family member who you want vendors to call on your wedding day if they need to ask questions or confirm anything.
8. Bridal Shower & Bachelor Party: Attend pre-wedding party (bridal shower/ bachelor party)
9. Do a final wedding gown fitting & make any necessary alteration to ensure your wedding dress will perfectly fit your body shape.